do you like this topic?
  yes
  no
View Results

rosalind_spencer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:21 pm
blackfoxi
rosalind_spencer
yesterday (4-18-06), many students around the nation observed a day of silence to protest the discrimination gay, lesvian, bi-sexual, and transgender people face. we were silent to shaow that many gays are afraid to speak out because of the discrimination they might face........the students at my school carrie cards that read:

Please understand my reasons for not speaking today. I am participating in the Day of Silence, a national youth movement protesting the silence faced by lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people and the allies. my deliberate silence echos that silence, which is caused by harassment, prejudice, and discrimination. i belive that that ending this silencei s the first step toward fighting these injustices.. think about all the voices you are not hearing today. What are you going to do to end the silence?

i was just wondering if anyone else out there participated....and i would appritiate any comments you woud like to make in the subject.

yeah, the people participating in my school this year had those cards too.
i was wondering, in my school, we wore all black with a white ribbon, it symbolized something (to do with silence), but i forgot exactly what. and i was wondering if any other schools or gsa'a did this as well.

I didn't see any one wearing all black with a white ribbon, but that's not to say there wasn't....most of the people that participated at my school were "gothic" and wear all black most of the time, so i didn't really notice.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:10 pm
About 10 people in my school's GSA *myself included* participated. We had it all planned out too -- wear black and white like mimes for dramatic effect.

Girls who say it's 'too hard' to shut up for that long, it can be done. My friend -- the biggest talker on school campus -- managed to keep her trap shut all day.  

xxxdeletemexxx

Alice_K8

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:12 am
sounds great, but I didn't know about it. sad  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:21 pm
I would have part if I hadn't been on vacation that day.

Next year I'll probably try to get some of my friends involved with it. 3nodding  

DreamerSpirit

Beatngufan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:28 pm
I haven't heard about it until now, i'm keeping quiet  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:35 pm
Actually I don't think we had it in the UK and if we did I wouldn't participate for one simple reason, to be silenced is what the haters want, and I would never give in to anyone, even in a display of ironic proportions like that.

its all very well being silent as one, but what you really need is to let your voice ring out as one.

Well thats what I think anyway.  

Rellik San
Crew

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out