Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
How much water?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:15 am
Yeah, yeah, 8 "glasses". I heard somewhere that a "glass" is 8 fl oz, but I don't even remember where I heard that. And before I made this thread, I googled the subject into oblivion, and all I could get were stupid wimpy answers like "blah blah, it depends on YOU, so we won't even give you any vague guidelines! biggrin ". So... I've been going for 4 regular 16.9 fl oz bottles of water per day. Is that good? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:35 pm
That's great, Penguin. A 'glass' is usually 12 ounces, or a cup and a half. Four water bottles a day is a good amount to start with. However, you also need to drink more if you do any of the following:

arrow Eat salty foods. This includes anything with soy sauce, and almost any type of fast food. Drink at least two extra glasses (one bottle) of water for every meal in which you consume a lot of sodium/salt.

arrow Exercise. Drink an extra bottle of water for every half hour of exercise each day.

arrow Eat or drink anything containing alcohol or caffeine. Alcohol is in beer, wine, hard liquor, and most cough syrups, and other liquid medicines that don't say "No Alcohol." Check the label. Caffeine is in coffee, tea, soft drinks (including some that aren't brown -- check the label), and chocolate (hot chocolate, chocolate milk, chocolate syrup, cocoa powder, chocolate bars, chocolate cakes, chocolate cookies).  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:18 pm
Thanks so much! biggrin So... I should probably try going for more like 6 bottles a day or 7 if I eat anything salty (which I've been being pretty good about avoiding lately, but once in a while I just can't resist instant ramen... domokun )  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:58 pm
A general rule is one ounce of water per one half of your body weight is the absolute minimum (150 pounds = 75 ounces). A gallon is a good goal (128 ounces, 16 cups). Weigh yourself before you workout and right afterwards, if you've lost weight you didn't drink enough water when you were working out.

You'll pee more but will be less bloated (feel slimmer!) and flush toxins from your body. Peeing more is worth it.  

dangerousfish

Deerhart

5,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:57 pm
.x.x.x.x. キャンヂキッド x.x.x.x.

{{.I aim for 3 liters a day, i pee alot, but i look really great, i think, no bloat. and my skin looks great!.}}

.x.x.x.x. あいしてる x.x.x.x.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:20 am
Aim for 2L a day minimum. The more you drink, the more toxins are flushed away! It's great, and you'll slim down a LOT faster.  

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games