Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rin2094

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:58 pm
Jelai
rin2094
The Virginia tech shooting was a big deal, but you also have to consider this. I live in LA and there is always some sort of accident, or some gang fight, or shooting somewhere everyday. And it's not just here, it's also in many other cities in the world! Everyone focuses on virginia tech, but what about the tragedies that occur everyday?

Maybe because mentally ill, anti-social people don't usually get involved in gang fights, and this type of very-quiet-his-quietness-is-freaking-me-out-is-there-something-wrong-with-him doesn't happen everyday?

ninja

That could be it.... and it also is in a very prestigious college. so of course that would rouse up something. Though I'm still upset about how people on;y pay attention to the little things.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:15 pm
i thout he was korean????? because the korean pres. said he was sorry... btw... he's parents tried to commit suicide..(kinda creepy..)  

BlackLikeLife

Jelai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:48 pm
Yunnie_kun
i thout he was korean????? because the korean pres. said he was sorry... btw... he's parents tried to commit suicide..(kinda creepy..)

He is Korean.
but isn't that parents-tried-to-commit-suicide part a rumor??

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:59 am
He had psychosis and he was a danger to himself and to others...
race doesn't matter, its the environment he grew up in and the unknown cause of his mental illness.

He might be quiet because of ill treatment and traumatic experiences in the past...  

MeltingMilkBottle

Agile Browser

soyXsauce

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:24 pm
the only thing that bothers me about this, is all the racism that i've heard and read so far because of this. many of the white people, if u read some comments like on youtube, the clips about this, i've read many of them that are like 'koreans are crazy...blah blah blah' it's jus so ridiculous. i've never heard any racial controversy about columbine, and their turning this one into a major deal (race wise). some people can be really pathetic. this has nothing to do with race, its jus the individual.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:56 pm
I watched it and it's very tragic. There has been a lot of disasters lately. >_<

hoshi no furu basho e omoi wo anata ni todoketai itsumo soba ni iru sono tsumetasa wo dakishimeru kara

Midnight Resonance

Animaznboy

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:03 pm
Chrono.flame
He had psychosis and he was a danger to himself and to others...
race doesn't matter, its the environment he grew up in and the unknown cause of his mental illness.

He might be quiet because of ill treatment and traumatic experiences in the past...

You might be wrong there. While he was growin up people were very racist towards him. This could have led to his mental illness. Then again, you never know...  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:57 pm
well, all i want to say is

he wasnt an ASAIN guy or a KOREAN man. he was a SICK person. and thats all it means.

but most people should realize this today than yearas ago. hopefully.  

hanimonster

Azurenx3

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:55 pm
i am very ashamed on the guy who did the shooting, who is korean but not chinese, but anyhow he is asian. and that brings disgrace to all asians, because now some people would be like, look it's an asian person, look out. they won't even care if we're korean or not. i am very mad at the principla though, he thought that the shooter left after he shot two people or three, but then he didn't.but anyhow. we should pity for all the families that lost someone in the vtech shooting. i find it really stupid that someone would actually do that. but he does have some mental problems.... well anyways, a massacre just happened before us. and everyone that lived through it would have a nightmare. and that is sad.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:47 pm
I have the same last name and full race as the killer. I didn't get any backlash though, people her aren't like that luckily.  

Sushi Flavored Gatorade

-=Cha^0^s_G3ar=-

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:40 pm
It's truely sad for what had happened, my hearts go out to Cho's family and closest friends who knew him best. I also feel extreme sympathy for the other asians in the Virginia Tech. campus who wasn't involved at all in the shooting or was associated with Cho. Imagine how they must feel when they're going out to public places being stared at and being outcasted by others. It's sad when others make a generalization about an entire race after the terrible actions made by one person. This is a little similar to what the Arabs went through when they were going to public places, especially airports, after the 9/11 tragedy. Being suspected of having relations with the terrorists or being one themselves, when most were innocent citizens. Truely saddening.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:44 pm
Yeah...
I get too much s**t for that shooting. Just because I am Korean, and my last name is Cho. It's childish.

He was mental. That's it. Notice that this has some similarty with Columbine. They were both on anti-depressants. And had mental problems.

oo drunktiger oo

Sushi Flavored Gatorade

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:44 pm
`Drunken Tiger
Yeah...
I get too much s**t for that shooting. Just because I am Korean, and my last name is Cho. It's childish.

He was mental. That's it. Notice that this has some similarty with Columbine. They were both on anti-depressants. And had mental problems.
My last name is Cho too Ollie. xD  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:03 pm
-Falling.Ice-
Jelai
South Korean student blamed for shooting rampage

They announced this today at my school.
It was a pretty big deal, and the whole school remained silent for 30 seconds in respect and remembrance of the victims that were killed.

Now I have a feeling that school security's going to be more uptight.

...and what's scary about this is that this shooting happened just 4 days before the anniversary of the Colombine High School shooting.

i know, ive heard about it too...and i feel sorry for them and im scared too cuz i heard a chinese person did this..and yea..

The references which I got it from are reliable, and this is what they said:

Cho had heavy depression (and maybe psychosis) when he had done what he did. His teachers all wanted him to go to the counselor, but he refused and these days officials can't do anything much about that. What's more is that they also said that he may have had a rejection from his girlfriend a few days before, and that might've triggered the shootings...  

Salliewalker

The Committee Staff Gaian

1,650 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250

xx-formaldehyde-roses-xx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:44 am
that was really sad...  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items