Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Western Yaoi Animation? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nerf.
  o.O
View Results

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:54 pm
Kitsune-chi
LadyNox
@Kitsune-chi: That reminds me of that big Teletubbie scandal a few years back. One of them had purse and that apparently made him gay. There was this huge retarded debate on the news channel on it. All I could do was laugh at the stupidity.

P.S.: Spongebob is gay for Squidward not Patrick. The businessmen need to get it right. rofl
Oh, God, people need lives sooo bad. I don't think it helped that on top of TinkyWinky's head was an upside down triangle, which is a common symbol of homosexuality. I remember thinking it looked like a coat hanger when I was little, though.

@ Squidward/Spongebob- Lawl. :3

I'm pretty sure a lot of kids thought like you. Or thought something similar or nothing at all. People don't realize that what a grown up gets out of a TV show is not necessarily what a child gets out of it.

It's good to know that I'm not the only one to notice the love between Squidward and Spongebob. I think what sealed it for me was the episode where Squidward was sick and Spongebob was his maid. XDD  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:07 pm
Well, [Adult Swim] is aimed at all audiences above 13, so I don't think it would be appropriate for the audience of that network. Also, it hasn't reached America because a majority of American cartoons made in America are still aimed at children. Unless the shift happens here, and animation becomes an all ages market, as it is in Japan, we will never see yaoi, or even het anime which is aimed at older audiences being produced in America. We just aren't ready for it yet, and who can say if we ever will be?  

Ootori Kyouya-sama

xxvampirexninjaxx

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:34 pm
yaoi is yaoi i say but japanese yaoi is still the best go yaoi go yaoi go go ! woot go boys go go boys go! ninja heart xd 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:39 am
i never knew that America did there own yaoi manga's i always thought that they came from Japan  

protecterofelements

Duke of Drag

Beloved Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:25 pm
LadyNox
Kitsune-chi
LadyNox
@Kitsune-chi: That reminds me of that big Teletubbie scandal a few years back. One of them had purse and that apparently made him gay. There was this huge retarded debate on the news channel on it. All I could do was laugh at the stupidity.

P.S.: Spongebob is gay for Squidward not Patrick. The businessmen need to get it right. rofl
Oh, God, people need lives sooo bad. I don't think it helped that on top of TinkyWinky's head was an upside down triangle, which is a common symbol of homosexuality. I remember thinking it looked like a coat hanger when I was little, though.

I'm pretty sure a lot of kids thought like you. Or thought something similar or nothing at all. People don't realize that what a grown up gets out of a TV show is not necessarily what a child gets out of it.

It's good to know that I'm not the only one to notice the love between Squidward and Spongebob. I think what sealed it for me was the episode where Squidward was sick and Spongebob was his maid. XDD

lol I think Spongebob ish a whore-sponge...XD
first he raises a baby clam with Patrick (hes the mommy and Patrick ish teh daddy)

then he becomes Squidward's maid...>.<  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:07 pm
-Capn Tranny-
LadyNox
Kitsune-chi
LadyNox

lol I think Spongebob ish a whore-sponge...XD
first he raises a baby clam with Patrick (hes the mommy and Patrick ish teh daddy)

then he becomes Squidward's maid...>.<

Then there was the part where spongebob is wearing a thong and runs toward squidward with his arms open screaming: "I'm coming, Squidward!"

User_2629207

Muno Mushi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:04 am
I don't think that yaoi cartoons/animation would work in America because homosexuality is still a subject that people don't feel comfortable talking about. As for Europe, they're more "culture accepting" than America is, so it might work . . . might.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:26 am
*sigh* It'd be great seeing more boy-love on TV and whatnot... The implied stuff and couples you can imagine aren't getting it out for me... >.<

Anyway. Topic at hand. I personally think it's stupid for parents to "shield" their adorable kids from the "bad stuff." When the kid grows up, he/she might find it, and love it, and that would make the shielding useless. They're all gonna get "contaminated" sometime. stare

And seriously, America. Eurghhh. confused Most of them need to stop being close-minded SOB's and get their head out of their asses. Love is love. That is that. Get over it. *scowls*

A special BL only channel would be cool... but it has to be international, Goddamnit! No US only! *glares*

... XD Sponebob/Squidward/Patrick. Oh lord. To each their own. *snickers*

Lenre Li
Crew

Duke of Drag

Beloved Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:45 pm
Lenre Li
*sigh* It'd be great seeing more boy-love on TV and whatnot... The implied stuff and couples you can imagine aren't getting it out for me... >.<

Anyway. Topic at hand. I personally think it's stupid for parents to "shield" their adorable kids from the "bad stuff." When the kid grows up, he/she might find it, and love it, and that would make the shielding useless. They're all gonna get "contaminated" sometime. stare

And seriously, America. Eurghhh. confused Most of them need to stop being close-minded SOB's and get their head out of their asses. Love is love. That is that. Get over it. *scowls*

A special BL only channel would be cool... but it has to be international, Goddamnit! No US only! *glares*

... XD Sponebob/Squidward/Patrick. Oh lord. To each their own. *snickers*

ugh. I hate parents today...

when it comes to homosexuality, my mom is a complete homophobe. >.<
it annoys me. she made a big deal when i invited to of my bisexual friends over for a slumber party...she made me sleep in another room.

probably in fear their 'gayness 'will 'rub-off' stare (she figured out they were bi because she has a gaydar....unfortunately.)

I suppose thats how most American (well all extremely christian...) parents react to these type of cultural and shocking changes that have happened in society. They feel homosexuality is a disease that has to be cured and all that other bullshit...>.>
So obviously at this point and time, nope society is not ready for slashy television programs. Although the rate of acceptance is quickening, and its a start. 3nodding
---
as for Spongebob Squarepants...lol. that was hilarious. I could not stop laughing wen I saw the thong scene XD
I don't know who I'd prefer him to be with...but lolz its so wrongly hilarious not to pair him up with Squidward xd  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:29 am
A BL channel would never work xD There isn't enough material to broadcast. They'd run out of stuff after a month or two. But a better thing would be like a hosted BL show, like a talkshow where they could bring in actors, VAs, authors etc. and interview them as well as watching BL shows and having contests etc. That would probably last a little longer, and it'd be on a public channel so people wouldn't need to buy an extra channel. Then people would become introduced to it and learn to accept BL and such ^^  

User_2629207

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:28 pm
i still like the eastern better  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:04 pm
lol rofl I remember a CNN news report on Spongebob's homosexuality a few years back. That really is just so stupid. I had never thought of Spongebob and Patrick as being gay(though now that I look at it...) when I was younger, I only realized after I saw the report. Even after I didn't care.

If yaoi became mainstream parents could find out. Not good... Besides, America isn't pro gay. Actually, just the opposite. Too much ignorance in this society. If they were to air the slightest bit of fluffy BL I think parents would form a mob and burn down the tv station for airing it. Right after lecturing the children about how bad it is to be gay. rolleyes  

EternalDreaming

User_2629207

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:15 pm
EternalDreaming
lol rofl I remember a CNN news report on Spongebob's homosexuality a few years back. That really is just so stupid. I had never thought of Spongebob and Patrick as being gay(though now that I look at it...) when I was younger, I only realized after I saw the report. Even after I didn't care.

If yaoi became mainstream parents could find out. Not good... Besides, America isn't pro gay. Actually, just the opposite. Too much ignorance in this society. If they were to air the slightest bit of fluffy BL I think parents would form a mob and burn down the tv station for airing it. Right after lecturing the children about how bad it is to be gay. rolleyes

Spongebob Squarepants is the gayest kiddy show ever... or wait, scratch that, it shares the top spot with Drake and Josh.

It's sad that a lot of the western world is still homophobic. But Brokeback Mountain worked, right? right? we need more BL anime... What I'd love is a series of OVAs... Like, a serialized BL anime but with different stories and characters for each episode, or two or three episodes of each story ^.^ That would make me so happy... I HOPE YOU'RE READING THIS, ADULT SWIM.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:00 am
Wow, this thread keeps being dug up! XD  

SilverMaple
Crew

Sparkly Lover

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items