Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
School problem, that invloves stereotyped parents.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jellii-dumpling

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:34 pm
Okay, I got inspiration to type this when I was reading a 'problems' thread. So I decided to make my own, about my own problem, to see if anyone would SERIOUSLY read it and maybe try to help.

I got quite a number of problems. Some more serious than others, but strangely, the one that is top priority at the moment, so much I'm afraid of my parents coming home after work today, is school.

Capable. Bright. Potential. Those are the three words that have revolved around my report card as long as I can remember. When I was younger, and actually did what I was told, was disciplined about my schoolwork and homework more often than not, those particular words were used in an exceptionally good context. '...Very bright, she is able to blah blah.'

This, ahm... Good behaviour, continued until the end of the 7th grade. From the next year onward, it went downhill. It was okay for a while, the first semester of the 8th grade. But in the second semester, and currently now mid-first semester of 9th grade, my grades, my attitude toward school and homework, aren't up to snuff. As in, I'm lazy so I barely do my homework (although I have kept up with assignments), and don't study at all for tests or anything. The result: Little over average grades. The usual: Outstanding, above-average grades.

I might sound a little up myself, but it's true. I'd scan my report cards, but I'd rather not. sweatdrop

Now. Herein lies the rub. I'm not your average kid. I'm asian, let me get that straight, so education for my parents is TOP priority. More than almost anything else. I go to an exclusive private school, that happens to charge more that $14 000 a year for my tuition, plus donations to the school, school uniform, text books and computer use etc etc.
And a lot of the girls (all-girls school. stare ) that go to my school, are, shall we say... Very taken care of, financially. But, again, being asian, my parents sent me to the school for the education. Not because we could afford it. We can, but my parents are running out of options.

Don't get me wrong, I live a pretty good lifestyle. I eat good, I wear brand names, I have a lot of things like a cellphone, my own laptop etc. It's just the school weighing my parents down. If I DIDN'T go to the school I go to now, I would probably have a bigger house, a better car (currently drive a 4WD: Land Rover) everything. I probably wouldn't even live where I do now.

So, my problem IS, (Yeah, I know, I had to explain the whole situation), that no matter how I see my parent's situation (they're on the brink of sending me to another school if they see another bad grade), and mine, I lack motivation. Or maybe just discipline. Probably both.

Look at it this way. I have it all. All the tools. All the support, and friends I need. All the opportunities to succeed. But I'm not using them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:50 pm
So what's the problem? Whether or not to quit this school or to somehow get motivated?  

Azn Fcuk

jellii-dumpling

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:33 am
How to seriously get motivated, and any ideas on how to discipline myself, I guess. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:42 am
Motivated: study groups... etc...

Discipline: Join a strict org? hehe... focus... just focus

PRAY!  

jomsy

bluejade14

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:49 pm
depends... whats your loss of motivation for not doing your school work?
i kno that distractions keep my grades from being as high as they should be.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:55 pm
Ahm... I don't actually know. sweatdrop  

jellii-dumpling

makarian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:46 am
Well, maybe you could think of a motive why you should study and regain those good grades. Maybe for example, if you don't study, you might not be able to go to the good college you want to go and thus, you wouldnt have the good future. I mean, you know, a future with lots of the stuff you want. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:32 am
I can understand you since almost ALL my cousins go to "private" schools that cost their parents thousands of dollars every year. And the oldest really hated the schools and did horrible... she lacked motivation and drive. XD

The thing is, you are in a transition period and being bright, you probably either "don't feel challenged" by the right things or you just "need time to adapt to the craziness of it all".

Personally, my grades went downhill after I moved in 6th grade. XD I had awful grades but around Junior year, I finally picked it up and motivated myself by thinking about the future. And also, it helped to remember how hard my parents work to provide for me so its like... "the least I can do" to get decent grades.

Rabid Bagel Cow Thing

Dapper Hoarder

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items