Eurovision Song Contest

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:13 pm

Attention all Lordi and Apocalyptica fans:

the 2007 Eurovison Song Contest, held on the 12th of May, will feature last year's winner's Lordi, and also music from Apocalyptica.

http://www.eurovision.tv/content/view/10/220/

Europeans will be familiar with this concept, but to American's not aware, there's a little contest we have over in Europe every year where singers representing countries from Europe battle it out with each other.

Much merriment, rivalry, (cheating), and hissyfits ensue.

Last year Finland taking a bold and inspired decision, chose Lordi (for reasons unknown). They were immedeately dismissed for being ridiculous beyond reason.

They then won in a land-slide victory of monters, pyrotechnics, and orc jokes xd

So, this year, we can look forward to a Eurovision of more monsters, pyrotechnics, and orc jokes, and some sublime classical randerings from the long-haired leather-clad chello gang Apocalyptica. 3nodding

Try to watch it if you can, it's usually a hoot (especially if you can get it narrated by Terry Wogan, the man is hilarious when he rips people)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:14 pm

Oh, and the UK entry, as usual now, completely sucks.

Isobel Bellamy

misunderstood_001

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:28 am

Isobel Bellamy

Talking about UK. So far the second place acused the winner for stealing his song, and the winners acused the swedish entery, wich is The Ark this year, for stealing there song.

Guess one of the reasoune that Lordi got was representing finland last year what that they realised the mistake of NOT sedning Nightwish when they was in the finish competishion a few years. I think they were proforming Sleeping sun if I remember it right...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:36 am

thndercats
Isobel Bellamy

Talking about UK. So far the second place acused the winner for stealing his song, and the winners acused the swedish entery, wich is The Ark this year, for stealing there song.

Guess one of the reasoune that Lordi got was representing finland last year what that they realised the mistake of NOT sedning Nightwish when they was in the finish competishion a few years. I think they were proforming Sleeping sun if I remember it right...

Ah, good old catfights, at least they're getting into the true Eurovision spirit!

What?! Damnit, don't know their own best bands! Saw the 'light' with Lordi though biggrin this year they've got their pop idol singer though *sigh*should've kept with the rock neutral

Isobel Bellamy

[brainvomit]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:26 am

Right on! x3

I'm one of those..."fanatic fans of Eurovision song contest" eventhought usually, there is big bunch of lame music. I hope that the last year's winning song would inspire countries to try a bit more. I'm really sick of those pop songs (like that Abba-sound-a-like, what they had in Portugal last year).
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:59 pm

[brainvomit]
Right on! x3

I'm one of those..."fanatic fans of Eurovision song contest" eventhought usually, there is big bunch of lame music. I hope that the last year's winning song would inspire countries to try a bit more. I'm really sick of those pop songs (like that Abba-sound-a-like, what they had in Portugal last year).

Its all been taken over by ballards recently gonk Though, it was amusing when that flayed cow style was in after the Ukraine's win xd

I just want to see a whole hoard of monters take over Eurovision imitating the mightly Lordi, but I somehow doubt that will happen crying

But, we can always look forward the the wird and whacky, usually provided by the Germans, bless 'em xd

Isobel Bellamy

Disease of the Flesh

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:27 am

I'm really going to watch Lordi this time also. They are the best Eurovision has ever had!

Switzerland is sending DJ Bobo with 'Vampires are alive'. that song is so terrible and it is pop, that makes it even worse. The lyrics are good but not as some kind of techno/pop song.

Watch it
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:41 pm

GweeTree
I'm really going to watch Lordi this time also. They are the best Eurovision has ever had!

Switzerland is sending DJ Bobo with 'Vampires are alive'. that song is so terrible and it is pop, that makes it even worse. The lyrics are good but not as some kind of techno/pop song.

Watch it

Unfortunately Lordi seem to be an anomaly in Eurovision history. Which is a pity, as they really embraced it for what it is: a complete joke to be enjoyed and embraced with aubserd over the top pomp xd

I say; bring back the monsters!

Isobel Bellamy

[brainvomit]

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:50 pm

I don't know what to say this year's top ten. :l
Ok, the lesbian winner goes as well as that protest son, which became second (because damn I like men, who wear women clothes), but that Russian contestants...I think they were just so damn pathpetic.
But than god Georgia made in top ten, they got so damn good song. whee
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:51 am

I voted for finland in the 2006 eurovision. It is such simple mathematics as to why they won it, example: 200 people in a room, 100 like pop, 100 like metal. good so far? 20 pop songs are played and only one metal. while the 100 pop fans try to decide which to go for their votes seperate among each of the 20 pop songs whereas the metal fans have it easy, one choice. now ok it wasnt 'that' simple in reality but the same theory I bet ^^

I was very suprised this year! Noone tried metal, well ok Slovenia had a powerful vocalist who could have easily been in the gothic genre of things but like.... that was it. Finlands vocalist just didnt sound nice so to speak, I thought she was good but just the song and words didnt make it for me.

The ONLY reason I watched this years one was because my favourite band Apocalyptica, were doing the amazing interval act ^^ I doubt Finland could have entered them in though as they only get guest singers for their vocals. Truly beautiful cello music at its best cleverly mixed in with metal. I want their hair too lol, so long, not to mention that crimson jacket that Eicca could be seen wearing at the first melody

Nockz the Dark Cellist

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:52 am

Was anyone else slightly unnerved by the aluminium foil covered transvestite? T'was very.....Eurovisiony....

But, damn, Apocalyptica stole the show, and they weren't even competing xd
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:21 am

Isobel Bellamy
Was anyone else slightly unnerved by the aluminium foil covered transvestite? T'was very.....Eurovisiony....

But, damn, Apocalyptica stole the show, and they weren't even competing xd

Well, Eurovision music have often kept as "rainbow" people's music. I dunno, I liked that transvestite, which came second, according that Denmark's was so awful. Aunt power rocks. ;O

I just keep it pretty stupid, when people are pointing that Sweden contentants had pretty girlie show. It was damn glam rock, you should know that the wardrobe of glam rock genre is bit kinky. =D

But again, that Serbia was and is just awful. :l

[brainvomit]

Nockz the Dark Cellist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:16 am

The new lordi video they showed at the beginning was cool.

Did anyone notice the pre song clip with the goths???? if i remember correctly it was before bulgaria's entry. It was filmed at the Tuska Open Air. Basically it is a metal concert but the clip featured two of many many goths who are in love and who at the end have a little goth baby haha
Music - Related Topics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games