Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Help?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lacey Monster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:19 am
So, i really want to drop about 10-15 pounds by the summer. Actually, i believe my weight is healthy, but id like to lose about 3 inches of fat off my stomach and waist. I have a really large potbelly, even though my bust, hips, and thighs are all an okay size.

I have 2 and a half months, so i think i can do it if i stay focused. Is it possible to lose 3 inches of fat or 15 pounds in 2.5 months?

The problem is, i have tried dieting before and i always give in to cravings! Then, i basically give up. So, i need your help with 2 things.

a)
How to fend off cravings! I really need help limiting my cravings for snacks and sticking to my diet. My problem is in willpower, i always talk myself into giving up.

b) How to lose the fat from my stomach! Any tips for excersizes or moves to remove the fat from my belly would be much appreciated.

A bit about how i eat: I like to eat things like taco shells and toast to snack, but im really not picky. Im pretty much a compulsive snacker.

My current excersize habits: I swim for 1 hour 3 times a week.

(Just for reference, i am about 5'2, 130lbs.)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:48 am
I highly recommend joining Weight Watchers. They've got some amazingly effective techniques when it comes to eating, activity, and best of all, you get to talk to other people who are in the same situation you are. I've posted their Good Health Guidelines in my Weight Watchers Discussion Thread, so feel free to start their. Also check out http://www.weightwatchers.com  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Lacey Monster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:08 am
Divash
I highly recommend joining Weight Watchers. They've got some amazingly effective techniques when it comes to eating, activity, and best of all, you get to talk to other people who are in the same situation you are. I've posted their Good Health Guidelines in my Weight Watchers Discussion Thread, so feel free to start their. Also check out http://www.weightwatchers.com

Eh, im only 15. And im actually in healthy weight range, so i really dont think its worth it.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:18 pm
You don't have to be a certain age to be a Weight Watcher. There's someone in my group who's thirteen. If you're withing your healthy weight range, though, don't try to lose more weight. Just exercise with abdominal exercises, and you'll tone up what you've got.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Lacey Monster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:00 pm
Divash
You don't have to be a certain age to be a Weight Watcher. There's someone in my group who's thirteen. If you're withing your healthy weight range, though, don't try to lose more weight. Just exercise with abdominal exercises, and you'll tone up what you've got.

I am in a healthy range, but the fat settles on my stomach.

I am not like one of those skinny girls who will look in the mirror and think 'Ew, im so fat!' with an inch of fat on their tummy. I truly look like i am pregnant because all the weight gathers on my stomach. Toning has not worked, because the abs are hidden under a blanket of fat.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:36 pm
1000Umbrellas

I am in a healthy range, but the fat settles on my stomach.

I am not like one of those skinny girls who will look in the mirror and think 'Ew, im so fat!' with an inch of fat on their tummy. I truly look like i am pregnant because all the weight gathers on my stomach. Toning has not worked, because the abs are hidden under a blanket of fat.

Yup, the only way to get rid of fat is through cardio. Everyone has a 6 pack underneath their fat! It's how our abdominal muscles are put together.

Cravings:
Drink a full glass of water before eating.
Do some sort of activity before snacking. Jumping jacks, marching in place, pushups off the countertop.

Doing these things will help you connect your brain and your stomach. Are you really hungry or just bored? Talking to your body is a great tool, if you learn to listen to it snacking will decrease because your body doesn't really want to be weighed down with extra food, especially unhealthy food.

Satisfy your cravings. Keep single servings of treats on hand that you can grab. Factor the calories into your daily goal and you'll be fine. We're meant to have the occassional treat! I like to keep hershey with almond bars in my freezer and break off a section. Sucking on that chocolate is enough to keep a craving at bay.

Cardio:
As I said before the only way to remove fat is through cardiovascular exercise. Cardio will remove fat all over the body, unfortunately there is no such thing as spot reduction. Swimming is great cardio so keep that up. For fat loss moderately intense cardio with short intense intervals 45 minutes most days of the week are going to show you the most results. My favorite "do anywhere" cardio is marching in place, take it seriously and you can totally get your heart rate up.

Other than that read around the forum and I'm sure you'll find some good help.  

dangerousfish

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games