Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Enough Excersize?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emarii

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:08 pm
Monday: half hour 'intense' fitness class + P.E.
Tuesday: half hour running before school
Wednesday: half hour 'intense' fitness class + P.E.
Thursday: half hour running before school
Friday: P.E.

That's all I do...I don't think that's enough because although I'm getting stronger, I'm not losing any weight or slimming up.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:38 pm
Technically, EVERYONE should do atleast a half hour of cardio per day, regaurdless of whether they are trying to lose weight.

Also, if you're not doing any sort of weight bearing or lifting exercise, you're not going to get very fit very fast.

The best way to lose weight and build muscle is to mix intense cardio and atleast 2-3 times weekly weight-trining (with rest periods of just cardio between weight-training days)  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:19 am
Half an hour a day is fine. Keep in mind that if you skip one day, it won't kill you. If you have to cut it short once or twice, that won't kill you either. ANY activity is better than none at all, so don't beat yourself up over it if you "only" work out two or three days a week. Just do your best, and know that if you commit to doing it, you'll be more likely to do it semi-regularly or regularly than if you don't commit.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:59 pm
Okay, thanks guys ^_^

And yeah, the workout classes are weights mostly, with a bit of cardio, and the running makes up for the rest.  

Emarii

dangerousfish

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:28 am
If you're not seeing gains like your clothes fitting better (less fat, more muscle = yay) than your body might need you to step up your cardio and amount of weight you lift. If you're losing inches and not scale weight than you are fine. Keeping track of your inches is a great weight loss tool.

You are doing a good amount of cardio so maybe just do a bit when you get home.

A quick interval exercise:
jog in place for 3 minutes
do one set of 10 regular crunches
one set 10 bicycle crunches
one set 10 reverse crunches
get up and jog for 3 minutes

Repeat for 10 minutes of jogging

Random things you can do
pushups off the counter or wall
tricep dips off the coffee table
jogging in place
jumping jacks
squats heart

Random things also help with snacking (along with drinking a full glass of water before you eat, sometimes we're just thirsty). When you feel like snacking start doing pushups off the counter, jumping jacks, whatever.

Challenge yourself with the weights, if you can lift more than 12 reps the weight is too light and you won't really see the results you could with a heavier weight. I lift at 10 reps, most of the time.

Always start new things slowly so you don't get discouraged. You're already making the committment to workout and if you feel you are being challenged than you should wait before upping your routine.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games