Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The book sounds good, Doesnt it?
  yes
  no
View Results
sammythelivewire generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 2!

sammythelivewire

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:15 am
HOK, so I told my mom to get me these books from the book fair where she works. And she did, and then some. Little did I know that when I first started reading The Land of Elyon book series, that I would be so addicted, only to find out it only has three books. I was so mad. I read an entire book in one day, only to find out that it was the last one. I had dreams that night too about the book. It is about a girl who can talk to animals because she has a special stone and such. Then she encounters many different friends, including a giant and a wolf, and it is up to them to save the land of Elyon, a God-like figure, from Abaddon, a Satan-like figure. It is definitely worth reading. Just be prepared to give up the journey after the third book. The last book, The Tenth City, is about them finding the tenth city, a Heaven-like place. It is very...symbolic of Christianity and such. Anywho, I just wanted to post that.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:06 pm
I just bought the Tenth City after getting addicted to the first two, as well. I'm really disappointed to learn there are only 3 as well. Thought there was going to be a nice big series, I love the cover art so much too  

babalonsatene

Tickle Toe Bob

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:52 am
I love this series!!! It is the best!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:00 pm
Who's it by?  

Mikiela

Tegan_Sky

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:26 pm
The series was written by a Patrick Carman, and I love his series! I was also dismayed to learn it was only a set of three books. I also have to agree that the cover art was very good, much better than some I've seen.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:34 pm
I've only read the first book.i havent gotten around to geting the other two but i love it.i wish i had the other ones. crying  

ninja_lord76

Ashtaye

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:02 pm
I've only read the first book, but really enjoyed it. I like all the symbolism. The cover art for all of the books is also very beautiful~  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:42 am
ithink im going to have to find these books  

murphyad

Shinigami_Princess

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:33 pm
I read the first book, The Dark Hills Divide and half of the second book, Beyond the Valley of Thorns. I love this series, it's really good. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:54 pm
Sounds amazing. Thanks for mentioning it!  

FantasyHearts

Not a Baller

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:19 pm
Ah, yes. I own all 3, first editions. I haven't read them in a long time but I still remember my general reaction to each one.

The Dark Hills Divide was a nice, intriguing story. Beyond the Valley of Thorns was even better and a bit more... mature, I guess you'd say.

Now, I have the most trouble recalling The Tenth City. I just remember speed-reading through it and being generally disappointed with the end. :/  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:50 am
sounds good i guess..i'll have to search about that some time...  

pkmn1995

Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff