Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
Know-It-Alls

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like know-it-alls?
  No
  Yes
  I am a Know-It-All
View Results

Turn the Paige

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:34 am
I just had a tangle with a know-it-all in the manga forum over what genre yaoi is.

Know-It-Alls are frustrating because they know it all, or they think they do. They're experts on the subject and even if you're knowledgable in that subject yourself, you're always wrong. For me, it's frustrating because I know what I'm talking about. Do you think they're in the same position too or they just like proving people wrong?

I think most of them just get off on proving the other side wrong. And of course, they can't stop until they do. I kind of feel guilty because I let them get to me and dragged it out, but when they're out for you, you feel like you have to defend yourself! And in defending yourself, you come out all banged up too. How annoying. I don't like know-it-alls cry  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:02 am
Unfortunatly, I can be a bit of a know-it-all in certain subjects. If it reassures you any, most of the time it's completely unintentional. I didn't even notice that I was like this until my room mate pointed out that I "always had to be right". sad Not a very pleasant thing to discover about yourself.

As far as other people go, I don't mind know-it-alls who are actually right as much as the know-it-alls who really don't know what they're talking about. The later brings out the know-it-all in me.  

RionaDaidouji

AngelWhoreDust

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:33 pm
There is a difference.... I'm a know-it-all sometimes but only when I can bet o my life that I'am correct and the other is not. But then there is a time when I'm a know-it-all "hater" and that just makes me hypotcritical  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:32 am
I hate know it alls. They're annoying as hell. I was trying to make a point yesturday to one of my friends on a fandom we love, and she swore she knew what she was talking about. I had to actually prove to her that I was write by going to a website to get the info that I needed. I hate it when someone says I'm wrong because I end up feeling stupid when I'm not.  

smileontheedge

AHKyle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:35 pm
Wow, I just read the first post into that 'tangle', and that know-it-all made me want to kill something.

BL and Yaoi does seem like it would work with Shojo, but if you really think about it, they're entirely different genre types. Just because a lot of girls read BL and Yaoi, that doesn't mean it's in the same genre.

Like Shonen and Seinen are for boys

Shojo and Josei are for girls

But BL, Yaoi and Bara range from girls to homosexual men.

So yeah blah, whatever. Know-it-alls suck. Rawr.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:46 pm
I've just gotten back into anime/manga and yaoi/shounen-ai. This is what's pissing me off about the AMC.

I got into this stuff about nine years ago. I've always known shounen-ai as shounen-ai, not BL. In fact, I've JUST learned about "BL" and how it supposedly "replaced" shounen-ai way back when. Because I'm used to calling it shounen-ai, I WILL call it that. But I get bitched at the know-it-alls (who are much younger than me and are addicted to Wikipedia) for using that term. It's the same thing with yaoi and slash, which I use interchangeably.

As for the genre, it could go either way.

Marjosa

Sparkly Fairy

9,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items