Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Skye River's Art

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skye River

Enduring Elder

14,675 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:37 pm
This is an old fanart pic of Kefka and his three statues. For those that have played Final Fantasy 6 (Final Fantasy 3-U.S.) you'll know what I mean.

User Image

The actual picture measures at 8 1/2" (w) and over 44" (h). I had to shrink this picture especially for the 56k users.

I'll do what I can to provide close ups of this picture later on.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:48 pm
Wow, very interesting picture with lots of details :3... Looks like it took quite a while and was a very ambitious project @__@;;

The coloring on some of the characters look a bit cut-outish though as in they don't look like they're part of the background and were pasted on there from another picture. Whil ethat may be the case I don't think that's how you want it look razz

Another thing is your light source is from the top, but your coloring looks like everything has equal lighting from the front and not from a specific direction.

Just a few of my thoughts :3 Keep up the good work <3

tirbutt
Crew

Sparkling Sentai

Oblivious Mischief

Tricky Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:49 am
Balance. The work's kinda heavy on the left side. But I like your style! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:50 am
I probably would've gone with a more limited colour palette personally, but I'm a graphic artist by trade so limited palettes get beat into us lots. I just think fewer colours would help the piece (especially because its so large) mesh together better as well as pop more.
Otherwise a very interesting piece. To help the balance issue I would've just widened your crop a bit, you're shaving slivers off and that always looks awkward and throws balance off.  

Wispered

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff