Home for the Weekend Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:10 pm
And that's what happens when you underestimate your opponent.

There's really nothing Meng can do to stop himself falling on the Ivanhoe, his scream of rage turning into a gurgling croak as blood floods his lungs. In the last few moments, Meng finally realized that he let his passion for killing the legendary Immortal got in the way of his fighting.

As Methos' sword cut into Meng's neck, he took comfort in the fact that he was at least falling to a worthy opponent.

With a thump and a gout of blood, the Oriental man's head fell to the grass. A cloud of vapor quickly surrounded the corpse and it slowly rose into the air, an electric tingle filling the atmosphere in anticipation of the discharge to come.

(OOC - Your kill, old man, so you describe your Quickening. mrgreen )  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:15 pm
Covered in blood and aching in nearly every muscle, Methos had only a moment to be relieved that Meng's headless body was not immediately falling on him, buoyed as it was by the impending Quickening.

Rolling over, the ancient desperately scrambled in the grass, trying to put a little distance between them as fingers of electricity shot from Meng to pluck at Methos' body. The mist of Quickening energy engulfed him, the jolts of electricity searing into him in faster gouts, causing Methos to cry out as he rolled on the grass. Several windows on the lower floor of Gaston's big house blew out with a shattering of sparkling shards.

For a disconcerting moment he was Meng, flooded with the big man's life memories and experience, his rage at being bested at last, but Methos won the struggle and collapsed weakly as the storm finally abated.

"I'm getting too old for this sh*t," he groan into the crook of his arm.  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:55 pm
One the Quickening has abated, Gaston easily swings himself over the balcony and hops to the grass...shattered window glass crunching beneath his feat.

He walks over to Methos with a wry chuckle. "Maybe so, but it always seems to find you, neh?"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:15 pm
"So it would seem," Methos sighed, rolling onto his back and looking up at his one-time student. The smashed cheekbone had healed to an ugly bruise and a slightly blackened eye, the slash on his other cheek that had been to the bone now looked like an angry scratch. He gave Gaston a lop-sided smile.

He did not mention the shotgun blast that had turned the fight in his favour. Both he and Gaston knew it was against the nebulous rules of the Game, but neither was a total stickler for them. The only rule he knew for a fact was Not To Be Broken was the Holy Ground rule. He was not anxious for a repeat of that disaster any time soon!  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:39 pm
Yes, Gaston read all about Pompeii back in the old days, and he knows full well the limits of the Game. Besides...there ARE gophers in the yard. Whether or not people believe he saw one is up to the individual.

Gaston shakes his head and laughs slightly, offering the older Immortal a hand up. "On your feet, you, this hardly appears dignified, and there's a lady present, after all."  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:18 am
Methos clasped Gaston's hand, groaning softly as he levered himself to his feet. "Oh, that's right," he muttered. "Another chivalry supporter. Just remember what I taught you -- Chivalry does not apply to the Game." He glanced up at Taka on the balcony. "You trust her?"  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:33 am
Gaston smirks. "Yeah yeah, I remember. The way I see it is this...I will never behead a lady. However, anyone who comes at me with a sword is obviously NOT a lady, and is therefore fair game. Lets me stay alive and remain cute and irresistable all at the same time."

He looks back up at Taka and nods. "Oh yes, she's quite trustworthy. Beyond that, this sort of thing would hardly seem out of place at work. A few of the other folks at Balance have even witnessed a Quickening." Don't ask. The point is, Methos' secret is safe with Taka.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:42 am
"Cute and irresistable?" Methos scoffed. "There goes my lunch." He cupped his hands around his mouth and called up to Taka, "Sorry about the mess!"  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

TakaSama

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:49 pm
Taka was leaning back on the nearby wall watching the action with a sly smile. She pushed her hair back a bit and replied, "no worries."

She let out a small giggle as she added, "this, I'm used to. Gaston knows how to show a girl a good time."  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:19 pm
Gaston laughs, waving up at Taka. "There now, you see, old man? Chivalry has it's benefits."

He glances around at the debris from shattered windows, b"oken doors, and so forth. "Huh...not so bad. Theoren and his boys oughta have the place fixed up in no time."

He looks back at Methos. "I don't suppose there are going to be any more lummoxes coming to hurt you and destroy my house, are there? The lady and I have plans, you understand..."  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:23 am
"As long as he was the only one tracking me," Methos said, "then, no." He looked at the huge headless body, his own head cocked to one side. "He was good at following me, I'll give him that. I haven't had this much trouble shaking somebody since... well, since you."

He chuckled at the memory. "Tracked all over New Orleans, didn't you? 'Til I gave up and decided to teach you."  
Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff