Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
Jazz...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ever read Jazz?
  Heck yesh!
  No, but I want to
  No, I think it looks stupid
  What the heck is Jazz?
View Results

Hoshi no Miko

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:11 am
Well I recently purchased this series when I was on vacation. It's another title I have that's differnt from the other yaoi manga I have bought... for one the uke is about 15 years OLDER than the seme >> <<... The story line is pretty good, it's about the forbidden love of a doctor and patient... the art is nothing to cheer about really though.... It's not bad, but it's still not up to my real standards, for one I find the noses absolutely huge >< Kinda disproportionate to the face. Despite that though you can get past it, like I said the art isn't bad, just something to get used to and the story line's really awesome. Anyone else ever read this series?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:12 pm
I bought the the first volume of Jazz and I regret it. It's just another one of those "I'm going to force you to love me my raping you until you do" stories. Those are the worst, least creative storylines ever! Any other good points the book might have pales in the face of it's terrible premise.

I read the second volume at Y-Con last year. It was better than the first, but hardly enough to redeem the series in my eyes. xp  

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

1 Broken.Soul

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:23 pm
I read it, it was the first one like that that I've read.I had to stop in the middle to keep myself from freaking out.I got through it and it's hidden away in my room, I dont' want my mother to find it. ninja
Other than a few things, the story is pretty nice, I just need to get over a bit of the stuff that happens in the first vol. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:58 pm
Well the first volume absolutely turned me off too, but I forced myself through it. The series picks up a little more in the third book really. It's a bit of a long wait to get into it and probably not worth a lot of people's time. I'm kinda heavily into drama though so it didn't really like... irk me that much, especially since the doctor really starts to care for his lover with true love, not fear, towards the end.  

Hoshi no Miko

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

kattorin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:21 pm
Ah, I guess I'm the only one who liked Jazz then. I only read the fist volume and I guess I didn't so much like the real relationship as much as I liked the whole doctor/patient premise. As well as the doc being uke.

What kind of turned me off was the whole yelling 'Doc' in the middle of sex.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:42 pm
kattorin
Ah, I guess I'm the only one who liked Jazz then. I only read the fist volume and I guess I didn't so much like the real relationship as much as I liked the whole doctor/patient premise. As well as the doc being uke.

What kind of turned me off was the whole yelling 'Doc' in the middle of sex.

Yeah I had a hard time getting around that too... I mean did he even know his doctors name? I should go check because I forget. It reminded me a little of Gakuen Heaven's sex scene... he called out King or Highness instead of his actual name... confused  

Hoshi no Miko

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Saku The New Moon

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:41 pm
Jazz is a good series, I really like it, the art isn't bad and the story is okay.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:20 pm
i love jazz and how i got it was um.....my brother sad, anyway i read the frist one like a week ago and i loved it.....so i love it how he's like 17 i think and he raps that 23 year old i dont really remember they're age's very well xp so JAZZ is awsome........ xd  

76ReaperSoul

6,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Hoshi no Miko

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:20 pm
I am amazed with how drastically my tastes have changed in 2 years... I actually can't stand the Jazz series anymore and wound up giving the whole thing away to one of my friends. I was going through threads here and I am really shocked to see that I started this one, and on a posetive note no less sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:55 pm
Ha ha! That's really amusing, but I think it's good that your tastes are changing. I never liked the series from the beginning, as evidenced by my first response here. But I do find that younger fans tend to have lower standards for yaoi as well as different ideas of cute/sweet stories. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the other people that commented positively felt differently in a few years as well. Now there's a lot more quality stories out on the yaoi market and we don't have to buy into all that "Rape is love" crap. Ugh, worst stuff ever!  

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games