0%  [ 0 ]
Gold!!
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:13 am
I think it's because most of them are old and may be going out of print. Or something. I'm surprised they wouldn't have Dragonhaven, though. It hasn't even been out for a year.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:50 pm
Oh, I speak of the used bookstores in the area as well. And I live in a relatively small town, so finding some of the better authors is difficult at best. I was only able to get some of my McKinley's because I was living in a college town a couple years ago and Sunshine was at the college bookstore. My tiny town right now doesn't even have her newer stuff on the shelves.  

Wissakins

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:55 pm
Well, for the used bookstores, maybe poeple like her books too much to sell them back? n.n I have to admit, I like her older stuff a lot more than the newer stuff. I haven't read Dragonhaven yet, though.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:59 am
I'm actually re-reading The Hero and the Crown right now, and i'm finding it difficult to get through. I'm not sure why, because when i read it the first time i loved it.
Preference wise though i like The Blue Sword better. (at least for the moment i do) And i LOVED deerskin.
Also though, after reading everyone's replies I'm for sure going out soon and getting a lot of the other ones mentioned.  

Quilue Lamia

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:31 am
McKinley's coming out with a new book this fall, called Chalice. She has no information for it on her website, interestingly. The description sounds fairly interesting. Sadly, I think it's going to be in hardcover so I probably won't buy it for a while.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:32 am
biggrin Yay! I always look forward to new McKinley books. She's not as prolific a writer as some of my other favorites.  

Wissakins

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:44 am
Yep. It takes her longer to come out with new books, sometimes.

Oh, I still need to read Dragonhaven, huh? Heh. I completely forgot. n.n"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:58 am
She's Awesome! Read anything by her husband, Peter Dickinson? He has a couple of good books, also, but of a different breed than hers. Anyways, I've read The Blue Sword, Hero and the Crown, Beauty:a Retelling of Beauty and the Beast, Spindle's End, and a few others that I can't remember right now. 3nodding  

Booklover777

4,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items