Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Ty-sama's piccy.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tyl0r3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:50 pm
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:04 pm
Hmm... I'm not really sure what to say, considering you gave no information whatsoever about... anything. In that case, I'm going to assume you want crits on this since you posted the pic and nothing else; we're all here to help each other. I'm not really sure where to start, so I'll just jump right in. 3nodding

Your anatomy needs work; like many would say on this board, practice some life drawing, it's really very helpful. Judging from your linework, I'm guessing you did this on computer in a program, but your lines are kind of messy. Did you use a mouse or are you using a tablet?  

Marissael

Wispered

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:07 am
I know I might get kicked for saying this, but I think you should stick to pencil and paper as a beginner. Learn the basics traditionally and then apply them when you move to digital. Digital work is a whole new skillset that generally works best when layered on top of a basic skillset.
Some may disagree, and that's their perogative, and really its up to you, but I think the basics are the basics and are necessary. And nothing is more basic than a pencil and some paper.  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games