Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
Panic's Cover of Killer Queen Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:14 am
Yeah, there's a lot on youtube...

I watched:
-Talking about Highschool + Nails For Breakfast... performance
-Randomness. Brendon talking with a British accent. Gotta love him...

Okay, scratch. that. I think the user permanenttransient maybe have posted the entire thing, actually. I'm seeing part 1,2,3 etc. So I'm just gonna watch that instead of separate interviews... Yay for DVD rips! Even though I feel bad watching illegally.. only 'cause it's Panic! though. I never feel bad downloading TV shows xp

I should really be studying though xp (Latin exam tomorrow!)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:33 am
I saw the part you mentioned, Ryan/Brendon writing songs together... I liked it a lot too! It's interesting. And when they were arguing about whether or not there were bells in I Write Sins... it was funny xp

Also.. Ryan's was saying how he had a scholarship to collage and his dad didn't want him to just throw that away... and I felt sad for him, for some reason. But also more... respectful, I guess. I knew he was smart and stuff.. but I guess knowing he got a scholarship makes me realize it more? I don't know. I'm hoping to get a scholarship too, so... *rambling*

Oh and the end! xd heart
The vanilla deodorant thing. That made me laugh.

Polyphonic Twilight

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:41 am
"You smell so slutty right now, dude." xD I love that part too. I loved it when they were practicing "Sins" and Brendon shakes his head to the beat. I cracked up for HOURS after I first watched that. My mom was ready to call the hospital. D=

Don't feel bad about watching it off of YouTube. Because I did too before I even bought the Boxset. D= Shhhh!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:48 am
I love it how on the DVD...everything was so intimate. Like, from the beginning during the background music when the screen is just black and it says "Ryan Ross, Spencer Smith, Brendon Urie, Jon Walker," to when they are all sitting on the couch with the candle just talking about the way they write music, it's all just seems really cute and personal to them. Like, "this is the music that we wrote, and we're young, we've never played before, I hope you like it, but if you don't, I don't care," type of thing.

PrimeRibby
Captain

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:55 am
Polyphonic Twilight
I saw the part you mentioned, Ryan/Brendon writing songs together... I liked it a lot too! It's interesting. And when they were arguing about whether or not there were bells in I Write Sins... it was funny xp

Haha, yeah. I think one of my favorite lines out of the whole DVD was when Brendon was like, "it was kind of weird working with him, with him being like, you have to sing it this way, it has to be presenting in this fashion. and being like, oh God, I don't know, I don't know if I can do a justice. These are your words, how am I going to be your voice?" and then Ryan was like, "me trying to explain some kind of a vocal...characteristic thing to him, but then me not actually being able to sing it because I'm not that good at singing, but then expecting him to understand what I meant was just very stressful...the whole time...and we'd get in fights all the time just out of frustration." I practically have those lines memorized. xD I just love that part for some reason.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:02 pm
`PrimeRib
Polyphonic Twilight

Haha, yeah. I think one of my favorite lines out of the whole DVD was when Brendon was like, "it was kind of weird working with him, with him being like, you have to sing it this way, it has to be presenting in this fashion. and being like, oh God, I don't know, I don't know if I can do a justice. These are your words, how am I going to be your voice?" and then Ryan was like, "me trying to explain some kind of a vocal...characteristic thing to him, but then me not actually being able to sing it because I'm not that good at singing, but then expecting him to understand what I meant was just very stressful...the whole time...and we'd get in fights all the time just out of frustration." I practically have those lines memorized. xD I just love that part for some reason.
It seems like you have them pretty well memorized xp whee
The reason I liked that part I think is because it's so personal. They both kind of admit how they felt like they weren't good enough (Ryan couldn't quite explain how he meant the song to be, and Brendon didn't know if he could do the song justice...)
I guess you usually don't hear bands talking about that kind of stuff, or being so open about it... They're just very real.

"I said it makes me feel less lonely!"
"He said it makes you smell slutty!"
xd

Polyphonic Twilight

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:13 pm
Polyphonic Twilight
`PrimeRib
Polyphonic Twilight

It seems like you have them pretty well memorized xp whee
The reason I liked that part I think is because it's so personal. They both kind of admit how they felt like they weren't good enough (Ryan couldn't quite explain how he meant the song to be, and Brendon didn't know if he could do the song justice...)
I guess you usually don't hear bands talking about that kind of stuff, or being so open about it... They're just very real.

"I said it makes me feel less lonely!"
"He said it makes you smell slutty!"
xd

Yeah, they are really real now that I think of it. They always mention in interviews how they are just normal guys, just like anyone else. 3nodding

rofl

"You smell like a girl."
"It's a girl's deodorant."
xDDD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:21 pm
I remember they started playing Killer Queen and everyone around us was like "what is this?" and my friend and I were just singing along
it was so funny
and then my mom was singing from her seat
good times good times  

EmilyEnrage

Peroxyde

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:20 pm
Musically, it's a great cover...but I'm not too fond of Bden's voice? I don't know - Queen is sacred. I rarely like Queen covers (aside from Davey Havok's acapella cover of Killer Queen.) I'm too much of a fan of Freddie's voice.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:41 pm
Peroxyde
Musically, it's a great cover...but I'm not too fond of Bden's voice? I don't know - Queen is sacred. I rarely like Queen covers (aside from Davey Havok's acapella cover of Killer Queen.) I'm too much of a fan of Freddie's voice.

That's like a sin. gonk

PrimeRibby
Captain

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:05 am
You're not fond of Brendon's voice?! Blasphemy! gonk xp  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:40 pm
Peroxyde

Queen IS sacred. They were brave to do a Queen cover.
Even if it wasn't as great as Queen's (well duh), I'm still okay with it, cause they rock it out and they're just paying homage to an amazing band.

Los Miserables

takashi_sahoko

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:59 pm
I like that cover. It's pretty good. Now since we are talking about Panic! why not talk about their past concerts. I love Live in Denver, they sounded so amazing!
Especially in this song

PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces