Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
From Compliments to. . . Complaints?!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Straight to Pluto

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:45 pm
I weigh 163-ish right now.
Which is in the Upper-mid section of my healthy weight range.
So I'm good.

But my gramma, parents, and other family members are starting to accuse me of becoming anorexic, even though they SEE me eat, and I eat a LOT on some days.

Earlier today, my gramma was arguing with me about my weight.
First, I was too fat. Now I'm too skinny.

I told her that I'm done losing weight, and now I'm just working on managing my weight.
She started saying that I need to gain about 10 pounds.
I told her that I just finished working off my last ten pounds.
She said that it was way too much weight to lose, and I need to gain back that last 10 pounds that I worked my a** off to lose. -quite litterally, actually. xD <3-
Then she said that I'm becoming anorexic - as I was eating some cut-off scraps of a cake I just finished baking!

I just ended the discussoin right then, but, GAH!
Do you think my family is being WAY too unfair?
First, they were arguing with me on how fat I was.
Now they're complaining that I'm too skinny.

Does anyone have any idea how I could get them off of my back -- Without having to gain weight I've worked so hard to get off?-- D:  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:03 pm
I know how you feel. My mom is always saying how I don't eat anything, but the rest of my family is usually being complimentary especially the ones that haven't seen me in a long time.

I'd say either ignore it, cuz eventually they'll get used to the new you and stop bothering you, or sit them down and seriously explain to them that you've been working so hard and you don't appreciate them discrediting you in such a hurtful, disrespectful way.  

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Straight to Pluto

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:42 pm
Puddum
I know how you feel. My mom is always saying how I don't eat anything, but the rest of my family is usually being complimentary especially the ones that haven't seen me in a long time.

I'd say either ignore it, cuz eventually they'll get used to the new you and stop bothering you, or sit them down and seriously explain to them that you've been working so hard and you don't appreciate them discrediting you in such a hurtful, disrespectful way.

Yeah. >_<
That's a good idea. I'm just trying to not let it get to me too much right now, ayway, because it's not that big of a deal.
I sure as hell don't LOOK anorexic, so, I've got nothing to worry about.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:49 pm
If they see you eating, especially with them at meal times, they should soon back off. You need to let them know you are doing for your health, not to be skinny.

Not to be unkind, but is the rest of your family "fluffy"? Fluffy family members are either more or less likely to tell people they need to gain weight when they don't. I come from a fluffy family (minus my dad) and my family has always been supportive of me but I was 20 pounds above my weight chart. Still, my mom is a nurse and she knows working out and eating clean is the way to go.  

dangerousfish

Straight to Pluto

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:35 pm
User Image
I don't think I look too skinny or anything. >w<

And, uhm, what do you mean by "fluffy", exactly?
Like, just a little pudgy or something? xP

If so, yeaaaah. Most of 'em are.
But the rest are already anorexic, or their parents are going to distress them into being anorexic. >__o  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:34 am
My mom lost weight,A LOT mind you...she lost about fifty something working her butt off at the gym...I wish I'd gone with her earlier c.c...anyway my dad doesn't like her being skinny and he constantly tells her she looks ugly and that she needs to gain all that weight back. Not only does my mom get angry but I do too. She looks great for her age and she doesn't even look like she's 49. She looks like she's in her mid 30's. My grandma, my dad and my oldest brother do not like the fact that she's lost so much weight. Since losing weight she's gotten into the fashion and it looks good on her. My brother rudely comments on it saying she's too old to be looking like that, my grandma calls her anorexic lol. My dad calls her ugly...I mean what the, and excuse my language, ********?! When a person loses weight to become healthy, she has a thyroid problem, and to look better the fam. should be the number one support system. Apparantly not in my family though. First they want her losing weight then they complain about it? Totally not cool.

As for me, my dad and brother say I'm too fat using hurtful unkind words sometimes. I've been working out and I'm trying hard to lose the pounds. I got one comlpiment from each of them and that was "You're looking better. Keep at it." but now they're calling me fat again and that I shouldn't be eating. Whatever though rolleyes I'll lose the weight anyway. Then they can shut up.  

Volta

Straight to Pluto

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:49 pm
Volta
My mom lost weight,A LOT mind you...she lost about fifty something working her butt off at the gym...I wish I'd gone with her earlier c.c...anyway my dad doesn't like her being skinny and he constantly tells her she looks ugly and that she needs to gain all that weight back. Not only does my mom get angry but I do too. She looks great for her age and she doesn't even look like she's 49. She looks like she's in her mid 30's. My grandma, my dad and my oldest brother do not like the fact that she's lost so much weight. Since losing weight she's gotten into the fashion and it looks good on her. My brother rudely comments on it saying she's too old to be looking like that, my grandma calls her anorexic lol. My dad calls her ugly...I mean what the, and excuse my language, ********?! When a person loses weight to become healthy, she has a thyroid problem, and to look better the fam. should be the number one support system. Apparantly not in my family though. First they want her losing weight then they complain about it? Totally not cool.

As for me, my dad and brother say I'm too fat using hurtful unkind words sometimes. I've been working out and I'm trying hard to lose the pounds. I got one comlpiment from each of them and that was "You're looking better. Keep at it." but now they're calling me fat again and that I shouldn't be eating. Whatever though rolleyes I'll lose the weight anyway. Then they can shut up.

Uuuuugh. >__>
I'd have no tollerance for that.
I'd prolly start yelling at them, like I yelled at my gramma when she went off on me. >__o  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:26 am
[Emo Ninja 3.0]
User Image
I don't think I look too skinny or anything. >w<

And, uhm, what do you mean by "fluffy", exactly?
Like, just a little pudgy or something? xP

If so, yeaaaah. Most of 'em are.
But the rest are already anorexic, or their parents are going to distress them into being anorexic. >__o

Unless you're hiding some padding under there ( xd ) you don't look too skinny and that pose doesn't look like a skinny hiding pose. You also don't look like you need to lose, though.

"fluffy" is what my maternal grandma calls chubby people, my mom's side of the family is pretty much fluffy. Keep eating, keep working out, and keep telling them your body image isn't out of whack.  

dangerousfish

Deerhart

5,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:28 pm
|| ^.o.^~ Wan Wan~!! (woof woof) ||

I think you look great and are doing fine! you are a helthy looking whieght and i think, all that matters is how yo feel about yourself. :]

just assure your parents you are OK and you're just maintianing a heathly lifestyle.

|| happily I live as doggirl ||

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:11 pm
For whatever reason, usually because those people are insecure, when a person loses weight, many people around them give them crap about it.

It's stupid of them to do so, and don't let it get you down.  

Reverend Smooth

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games