Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
carbs vs. fats

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:01 am
Some say to avoid too many carbs, some say to avoid too many fats. Going low-fat makes more sense to me for two reasons: 1) fat is the thing you're trying to lose, and 2) lots of healthy foods are high in carbs (fruits, veggies, etc.), but then why is the low carb diet so popular? Not that you should judge how good a diet is by its popularity, but I'm pretty sure lots of people have healthily lost weight with low-carb diets. Anyway, what is really the better way to go, low-carb or low-fat?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:22 am
You need carbs. End of story.

Carbs are your body's fuel.
Low-carb diets such as Atkins are more quick-fix diets that completely re-arrange how your body digests and whatnot by depriving it of its main fuel.

Now, nothing in excess is too good, but minimizing carbs isn't good either.

Just focus on eating healthy fats, and healthy carbs.

Healthy fats like fish, nuts, etc. And healthy carbs like fruit and whole grain.
3nodding heart

Moonecho

Soi Tsuba

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:55 am
as she said before you need carbs, and you actually need some fats.

You don't really need to deprive yourself of much on a diet, unless you seriously eat a lot of both then yeah cut down. But if you already eat a normal level, don't worry about cutting down. In fact, all you really need to do is cut down on Cal in take. Keep it to about 1200-1500 (for weight lose only) and you'll do fine.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:28 pm
Okay. Thanks, guys! biggrin  

__penguin__
Captain

MizzB1aze

Heroic Raider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:25 pm
Low carb is the only diet that has ever actually worked for me...and believe me I've tried lots. When I was 13-14 I lost 57 pounds and kept it off till I was 17. Then I went off my diet and gained the exact amount back. Now I'm back on and exercising too so wish me luck!  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games