Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Star Trek Set

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rosesylace

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:37 pm
Howdy ya'll!!!! Anyone else seen the Star Trek Sets? I made a special trip to the Hollywood Entertainment Museum where they have the Next Generation set. They also had some panels from the walls of the original series and the wall communicator from the original. I was surprised about the red lights that would flash in sick bay. They were made by people moving strips of paper up and down from behind! Here I thought all along it was clever wiring! The museum also had a Borg costume and a Next Generation costume. Gosh those actors were tiny! I have a cool picture of me sitting in the captain's chair. If we ever get the disk space on this computer cleaned up, I'll show it to you all. The big control panel that has the ships' diagram on it is in the museum. I had to laugh because the large icon looks like a plumber's plunger and there were tiny icons that were hard to see on TV. One of them looked like a duck. Another looked like a chicken I think.

The original Star Trek set is at the Hilton in Las Vegas. I am dying to go see it now I know where it is. I don't gamble, but I do want to see the set! I'm not sure what all is there, but I'd like to know. I've heard that there is a list of funny things on the control panel on the captain's arm chair. But, I can't remember what it says. The last one is particularly funny.

Anyone else ever been to see either set?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:08 pm
no but we jellous now  

osaka 01

3,800 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:19 am
I have been to the Las Vegas Hilton.

It has a small museum and the bar area and the ride with the set. I hear they have 2 rides now - a Next Gen one (the original ride) and a Voyager one (the new ride) I was only on the next gen one.

EIther way, if you get a chance it is super fun. I wouldn't want to live in Vegas, but it's like a fantasy playland for grown ups; even if you don't gamble. The ride 'beams you up' into the set and for the first time it's like being a little kid with a sense of wonder again. I had to ride it three times I think smile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:23 pm
so coool! What are the rides like? *drools  

rosesylace

Admiral Smort

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:25 pm
well they actually rent the sets for marriages.. lol, i saw this thing on TLC, and it was some show of people's weddings and stuff, i was just about to change the channel, but they showed a clip of one they were gonna show of a couple getting married on the TNG set. lol, they were all in costume, the priest was a borg "with the make up and everything, looking like a proper borg" the husband was ferengi, and the wife was a vulcan, and everyone else had the full make up and stuff, even the reception hall was completley startrek themed, it was made to look like the mess hall from TNG "though it was bigger" and the husband and wife faught eatchother with bat'leths instead of slow dancing lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:52 pm
You guys are super lucky! That's really cool! ^^ I unfortunately have never seen a Trek set... maybe someday though.  

TPila

Saoraan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:05 am
Admiral Smort
well they actually rent the sets for marriages.. lol, i saw this thing on TLC, and it was some show of people's weddings and stuff, i was just about to change the channel, but they showed a clip of one they were gonna show of a couple getting married on the TNG set. lol, they were all in costume, the priest was a borg "with the make up and everything, looking like a proper borg" the husband was ferengi, and the wife was a vulcan, and everyone else had the full make up and stuff, even the reception hall was completley startrek themed, it was made to look like the mess hall from TNG "though it was bigger" and the husband and wife faught eatchother with bat'leths instead of slow dancing lol.

That is awesome I hope if I ever get married I can do that!! xd  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:18 pm
here's some pics of people who got married on the set of TNG
star trek weddings  

Admiral Smort

Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items