Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
So, Yeah. Rocky points! D:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blarg!
  I hate breaks. u_u;;
View Results

Straight to Pluto

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:55 pm
I'm on Spring Break right now, and there is a LOOOT of junk food in the house.
And there is a whole lot of nothing to do where I live. And a whole lot of nobody do it with. xD

And when I get bored, I start eating. Without wanting or trying to. xP
So, I've been trying to keep myself from snacking on a whole lot of junk by trying to grab healthier foods.
But, I'm still eating a lot more than I usually would, and I'm just a little scared that it's going to catch up on me and totally kill what I've been keeping off.

The good news is that I must be doing SOMETHING right, because I'm 164, but I'm still afraid of the snack-attacks.
Any tips on keeping my bored mind from wandering to food?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:47 pm
Try an active seach in finding something to do over the break. Go volunteer somewhere if that'll get you out of the house and away from the snacks. Go out for a walk when the weather is nice, and see how far you can go.  

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Straight to Pluto

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:42 pm
Puddum
Try an active seach in finding something to do over the break. Go volunteer somewhere if that'll get you out of the house and away from the snacks. Go out for a walk when the weather is nice, and see how far you can go.

Well, at 95 degree's outside, I don't feel like opening a WINDOW, let alone walking out the door.
As for volunteering, that's a great idea!
But there's nothing in the area that I live in.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:31 pm
Do you drive? Cuz if you did, you could go out of town and find some fun activities elsewhere. Or even if you don't drive, there have to be buses and stuff, right?  

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Queen.Cellophane

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:44 pm
I know the feeling, but I'm going away for spring break, which means eating out more cause you can't cook in a hotel room stressed  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:14 pm
that good your keeping it off! ( i am to, also trying not not binge with the snacks out of boredom..its hard sumtimes)
i weigh 154 now..
wow 95'..lol if you d drive , go to a mall, walk to entire mall but shop too.. thats what i do alot.. i go to every store in the entire mall no matter what it is lol..im usually in the mall 4 or 5 hours, walking around, and shopping.. walking is a pretty good thing to do to lose some weight, and it is simple and everyone can do it..well almost everyone.. so yeah you can walk around the mall and shop for a few hours.. ..just go in a store walk around look at things.. try things on..its fun..specially if someone goes with you ^_^  

HIM_fan

Straight to Pluto

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:33 pm
HIM_fan
that good your keeping it off! ( i am to, also trying not not binge with the snacks out of boredom..its hard sumtimes)
i weigh 154 now..
wow 95'..lol if you d drive , go to a mall, walk to entire mall but shop too.. thats what i do alot.. i go to every store in the entire mall no matter what it is lol..im usually in the mall 4 or 5 hours, walking around, and shopping.. walking is a pretty good thing to do to lose some weight, and it is simple and everyone can do it..well almost everyone.. so yeah you can walk around the mall and shop for a few hours.. ..just go in a store walk around look at things.. try things on..its fun..specially if someone goes with you ^_^

xD
Well, the whole mall thing is what me and one of my friends do ALL the time.
It's usually because her boyfriend doesn't want to go with her, or he's playing WoW, but yeah. It's fun anyway. xD
And she is always trying to get me to the MOST expensive malls so I can't spend a penny. >__o
Not like I really buy anything anyway, but anywho. xD
She's prolly one of the only reasons why I'm keeping off weight. :B  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:34 pm
Oh, yeah. . .
And even worse :
I'm making a cake. xDDDD
THREE LAYER Devils Food Cake, with a strawberry filling, and Whipped vanilla icing. xP  

Straight to Pluto

HIM_fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:18 am
[Emo Ninja 3.0]
HIM_fan
i weigh 154 now..

xD
Well, the whole mall thing is what me and one of my friends do ALL the time.
It's usually because her boyfriend doesn't want to go with her, or he's playing WoW, but yeah. It's fun anyway. xD
And she is always trying to get me to the MOST expensive malls so I can't spend a penny. >__o
Not like I really buy anything anyway, but anywho. xD
She's prolly one of the only reasons why I'm keeping off weight. :B

hah im a mall addict myslef.. i go almost every weekend..spend around maybe 200 or so lol..but on stuff i need..music, clothes..haha the mall i go to it is pretty big..lots of stores.. the only store i really buy form are like hot topic, jc pennys, rave..and select other stores..an FYE for my music.. but thats how i keep off some weight lol.. os walking around th emall for hours lol..
hm.. well you could alwayz go check out GYM's.. if you knwo someone your friends with who has a membership you can get in through them..there would prolly be a small fee though..liek the private pool i joined a long time ago ( it has closed as of last year) but teh fee for brinnging a non -memeber was 5-10 dollars somewhere in there.. so if a gym does that id suspect the price would be around that..  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:58 pm
I'm sure you are not on break anymore but one of the things that helped me is to buy an airtight container of decent size and make up a big yummy salad in advance so all I have to do is take it out of the fridge and pile it in a bowl. I put 1 tablespoon dressing in a sauce dish and dip my fork into it before grabbing salad. I find this gives me taste without a lot of empty dressing calories. (I like Kraft's "Green Goddess" right now. One of the only dressings I could find without High Fructose Corn Syrup. I only eat full-fat dressing since the low/non-fat ones are made with artifical sweenters/HFCS and usually have a higher sigar content vs the tiny amount of fat in a serving (half serving, in my case) of dressing.)

Putting a good sized quantity of sliced veggies like carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers in the fridge is also a "grab when you need it" snack.

Drink a full big glass of water when you feel bored/hungry. Sometimes we think we're hungry when we're thirsty.

Do some activity before you eat. Jog in place during commercials, do pushups against the kitchen counter, jumping jacks for a minute or two (or until you can't do anymore, hahah). Often the activity will jump start your brain and it will say, "Oh hey, I was just bored and now you woke me up so we're cool now."

Hope that helped!  

dangerousfish

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games