Submit

Selling tekteks?
  It's fine!
  It's wrong! D<
View Results

abkvs

Trash Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:01 pm
Yeah. What's your opinion on the matter?
I've seen people attempting to sell their tekteking skills in the AT.
I think it's complete bullshit. Tektek is a free service.
Anyone can use it, and like, for example, pixel-doll bases, it ought not to be allowed to be used for personal gain without the consent of the creator.

...Short, I know. But my attention span is too short right now, after all the bullshit I've seen today, on and offline, to think of anythnig else to write.

subliminal messaging;
i demand 3 february sealeds, at once!
also, please visit my quest-links on my profile? :'D
User Image
I Love You.
When You're Gone, I'll Die.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:40 pm
I support it. Its just like tektek contests where people give out a certain amount of gold for the best tektek.. well, its not JUST like that. But you get it. Anyway. Some people aren't good at tekteking, some people are great. So the great people make shops, and sell the tekteks to the not so great people. Its logical.  

KoNterra
Crew

Amitia

Adventuring Dragon

17,325 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:46 am
I don't actually know what to say. D:

Before I found this Guild, I actually thought they're never free. ;o

Now I think it's not very great thing, but at least acceptable. It depends in the price, mostly. I think 1g-30g/tektek is okay, but paying hundreds for actually free pixels is pretty stupid.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:56 am
Well, the way I see it, they're being paid to create an avatar for someone. Tektek is just the tool they use to do so. Tektek itself can't show someone what looks good, it takes a person to do that.

Kind of like.. how a sewing machine makes the actual stitches, but it's up to the seamstress to put it all togather to make clothing. The sewing machine is just the tool to make the job easier, like tektek.

Yea. I hope that made sense. xD; -out of it- heart Really, it's up to the person, whether or not they'd pay for someone to tektek them. If people are charging, then there is obviously a market for it. Personally, I wouldn't charge for tekteks, or pay for them. xD But I can understand why some people would.  

Watashi wa Yugure

GlimmerOn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:18 am
Honestly I see nothing wrong with someone charging. It's like a fashion consultant. They aren't making the clothes, but they have the eye on how to put it together so it looks nice, and not everyone can do it. If someone wants to pay for this service then it's their right.

Personaly, I'd never charge for a tektek. I occasionaly enter contests, but if I don't get the gold from the contest it's not that bgi of a deal for me. I just like tekteking.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:33 pm
As you said, it's a free service and you shouldn't have to pay for a tektek but if anyone is willing to pay for it, that's okey with me x3  

Deoxtri

Golden Gawker

A Devils Fortune

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:20 am
What's the fun in *buying* an avatar look from someone? gonk  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:32 am
I miss Minnesota
Well, people who are too busy to tektek themselves, it's the perfect service for them
NOT!!!

Emo Toothpaste

General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces