Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PathWays
What makes a _____ path?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SonarP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:17 pm
-_- Please, don't flame me..I'm not sure how to word it, but I'm going to do my best.

What would be the characteristics of a traditional healer path, or word for that matter? I can't use "shaman" as a general term, but I don't think I can use "magician" to do it justice as well. There are traditional healers who practice magic, but what would this word be (called)? What would be some similarities that they call share?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:58 pm
... Traditional?

Well... following what tradition, from what culture?  

Kalyani Srijoi

wikkedpixie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:23 am
That does pose an interesting question. But I would say the same as kalyani.. what do you mean by traditional?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:21 pm
Now that I come back to it...what's a "fairly old" path that isn't too complex for anyone, even a dim-bulb like me to follow? sweatdrop  

SonarP

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:02 am
SonarP
Now that I come back to it...what's a "fairly old" path that isn't too complex for anyone, even a dim-bulb like me to follow? sweatdrop

Urm... if your standard is "not too complex" then you have problems. Life is complex; any realistic system of magic or religion reflects that. If your religion or magical system can be boiled down to a sentence, it's probably modern.

Honestly, and I'm not trying to be rude so please take this in the spirit of charity, it looks like you're waiting for a single-book religion to fall into your lap that fits what will make you feel good about yourself.

That's an extraordinarily bad place to start looking for a religious or magical system because you are most likely to find people and gods who will use you while lying to you about how simple it is and how wonderful you are.

I would hate to see that happen to you.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:23 am
After seeing the sources that are in this guild, I know I won't find just a single-book religion that will help. Maybe what I wanted to say wasn't what I intended to say. ^_^; I'll come back when I have the close-to-right words.  

SonarP

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:00 pm
You may have been in a similiar place to me; looking for something with the spirit you feel in your heart and soul, but you may feel like you don't have the correct semblance of skills and understanding to put a lot of it into motion.

Realize that a lot of investigating many of the paths that fall under the classification of "Pagan" "Neo-Pagan" and "Magical Systems" involves being willing to try to work with things that are a bit on the complex side.

That being said, if you are looking for a healing system that is somewhat beginer friendly, I have HEARD good things about Reiki....but I know very little about the subject from first hand expierence.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:42 pm
Kuroiban
That being said, if you are looking for a healing system that is somewhat beginer friendly, I have HEARD good things about Reiki....but I know very little about the subject from first hand expierence.
Actually, Reiki might be a good way to start if you're interested in healing. It's quite a useful skill to have. Courses are usually available in most areas, although prices vary. It also depends how far you want to go with it. 3rd degrees are expensive. sad  

Pelta

Kalyani Srijoi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:22 pm
Frankly?

Magic is a pretty complicated thing. If you don't feel that you're capable of handling a complicated system, you should avoid looking into a magical path untill you feel that you're ready for something beyond a simply system.

I get by just fine without using magic. So do most other people in the world.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:13 pm
Magic can be as simple as you want it to be. You just need to learn how the universe works

yes that is sarcasm

If your looking for a healing magic, I suggest that you first learn about healing. It all depends on what you want to heal. Try learning about pressure points and massage first, Or how different herbs heal. Perhaps you want to relieve someone of mental tense, then learn psychology or hypnotism. Many ways to heal things have already been discovered, and some may be more effective than magic. It's not like you reach lvl 5 and instantly learn cure like on Final Fantasy. Like I said up there, you have to know the way the universe works, and you must understand that magic takes time, therefore it isn't the best healing technique.  

Hell Yeah Seaking

PathWays

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff