Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
The Whale Thing.. D:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SonarP

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:30 pm
I remember when I was astral traveling once, I saw a whale-type creature in a lake. The lake was murky, covered in moss and lily pads...when it surfaced, it had one eye, and it was looking AT me..it was also a grey-ish color.

I talked to a friend about it. He said I didn't want anything to do with it, or know about it. I also talked to an acquaintance. He said that they hardly appear in astral, are ancient, and terribly powerful. He also mentioned that he had a friend who saw one of them that disappeared three months before ending up in a hotel room with no recollection of what happened before.

I asked around on Gaia, but, no surprise, I wasn't taken very seriously...
I was wondering...has anyone else seen the Whale-creature, or know anything about it? Or was this something I created in my dreams/astral world?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:35 am
No one has seen it? sweatdrop  

SonarP

Jaithien

5,100 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:12 pm
um maybe the dude was ******** with you. but like did this creature talk you at at all? did you feel anything when you saw it? i can look it up online but i can't garuntee the validity of what i find.

edit: this is really hard to find anything that doesn't have to do with d&d maybe an occult shop would have some one who knows about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:44 am
If I may throw my two cents in, bearing in mind this is from someone who DOES NOT journey on the astral or otherwise leave her body:

I don't think the astral is experienced quite the same for each person. Everyone's internal symbolism is different, though it can range from just a little to quite a bit. If a spirit wants to appear to someone, I imagine it will take the form that most matches up with that person's inner symbology to get their point across. Even if the person you talked to WASN'T bullshitting you (which, personally, I think he was), there was no guarantee that the thing he was thinking of was the thing you saw.

I think your best bet is to take that image: the pond, the moss, the lilypads, the whale and its color, the eye...and break it down symbolically, almost like you would a dream. That's what I would do if I were in your situation: A good method I've heard is:

1. Write down the dream. List the nouns (person, place, thing) on another piece of paper or below it, etc. Separated from the dream and with room to write more.
2. Next to the nouns write three words you associate with each one, can be anything.
3. For each noun, look at the associated words and write down what they have in common.
4. Replace the word you get from step number three in the associated spot in the original dream story. For example, if I dream I'm petting a cat, I would write:

Quote:
1. I was petting a cat.

2. Cat: soft, purr, sweet
3. Cuteness
4. I was petting a cuteness.

A very simplified example, but hopefully you can see what to do. Yeah, step four can sound rather trippy/silly at times, but I've found that thinking on it a while gets you to some thing productive. I use that method whenever I want to get at the bottom of a dream I've had. Adapt it as you see fit for astral hooha.

And I guess--how did experience make you feel? Scared? Happy? Confused? etc. I think those would also be important to consider.

But again, you would probably be better off listening to someone more experienced with the astral than me. 3nodding  

Annalixa

SonarP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:58 pm
-_- Maybe I should just find my post and put it up here..I don't think I might be believed, anyway.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:22 am
SonarP
-_- Maybe I should just find my post and put it up here..I don't think I might be believed, anyway.
oh no its not that i don't believe you its only that i have never been to the astral so i don't know the locals there. i said the guy might have been ******** with you because people do that to me sometimes. like my ex in high school tried to convince me that some kind of soul stealing demon was after me because i interfered with a friend of mine who's unborn baby was apparently supposed to be a sacrifice and thats why a group of kids were breaking in to her house to get her. there really were kids breaking in her house and harassing the family but like he used that chain of events to try and convince me there was cult activity and because i helped them move they were targeting me. so i'm a little skeptical but i don't think you are lying i think the dude probably said that because some people like to pretend they are all mystical and powerful and like to tell people they are in grave danger. they probably do it because they like to scare people or they like to control. if you present your self as someone's savior that person could become dependent on you. thats what my ex tried to do to me. you gotta watch out out for people like that.

as for the whale i didn't get a chance to talk to anyone but annalixa has a good point.  

Jaithien

5,100 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100

Annalixa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:20 am
Quote:
i think the dude probably said that because some people like to pretend they are all mystical and powerful and like to tell people they are in grave danger. they probably do it because they like to scare people or they like to control. if you present your self as someone's savior that person could become dependent on you. thats what my ex tried to do to me. you gotta watch out out for people like that.

Agreed. If this was your first time in the astral, I don't think something as ancient and powerful as that guy made it out to be is going to be concerning itself with you...I just never hear about it happening that way, or at least from people who know what they're doing.

It's very easy for people to take advantage of other people when it concerns non corporeal/metaphysical/what have you experiences because it's not tangible. I can't bullshit you into thinking that I'm the President of the USA because hey, it's pretty easy to check some hard facts to find out that I'm not. But I can much more easily bullshit you into thinking that one of us is some ultrapowerful spiritual being fighting in some epic heavenly struggle a la Paradise Lost, or [fill in the blank with your favorite magical shoujo series story here].

As long as I seem like I know more than you, it's very easy for me to keep you under my thumb, with fear tactics or flattery or whatever else, because there is no way for you to 100% falsify what I'm telling you. (Oh look, I'm channeling the spirit of Karl Popper.) So please, please be careful when people start talking like that.

That isn't to say your whale wasn't something at all. I think it easily could have been. Another option would be to back to the astral and try to find the whale-thing again to talk to it (that is, if you think that would be okay...maybe he doesn't like being disturbed).  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:47 am
Did it ever occur to you that it might have just been a spirit guide? Nobody knows all there is to know about the astral plane, so if you think you want to talk to it, you can ask it to come and visit you and then ask the thing questions.

As for the guy, dont believe his bullshit. If the whale did not harm you, chances are, it wont. Hell, it obviously could have "gotten" you. So, bullshit is best left for fluffybunnies that love that sort of crap.  

jaden kendam

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:04 pm
The story about the guy disappearing sounds rather like one of those "My cousin's friend's brother's girlfriend said..." types of story.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:46 pm
Jaithien
edit: this is really hard to find anything that doesn't have to do with d&d maybe an occult shop would have some one who knows about it.

While I'm not about to claim the "Monsterous Manuel" should be used as occult reference (exception: when screwing with morons and idiots), I will say if you run accross such references, you may at least want to read what is there.

MOST of the creatures in D&D come from some culture or another. If they give you a name of a creature that sounds similiar to what you're looking for, run the name and see what you get.....you might at least be able to get a lead.

AngryRobotsInc.
The story about the guy disappearing sounds rather like one of those "My cousin's friend's brother's girlfriend said..." types of story.

Word....that aqaintence sounds like a total Mr. Dark.

More to the subject at hand, I'm no astral traveler...for some reason, I can't seem to get my traveler's visa or a passport. However, what I know (which is not much, and it is academic/book knowledge/subposition) on the subject is that things rarely are exactly what they appear.

As has been suggested by others, look for meaphoricals to your great whale. Look at what ir remidns you of, or what everything related to it means to you.

Also, don't discount that you found....well...a something and that is merely how it chose to appear...or that you stumbled onto something/someone else bumping along in the Astral.  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

SonarP

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:33 am
Annalixa: I don't know if dream books would help since dreams can mean anything, but I'm sure I can find common simularities between "grey" "whale" "blood", "numbers", "doors", and "fog". I just remember feeling feeling pretty..."not-so-good-" scary. I'm familiar with "my own little slice of Silent Hill", which would cover my school..but it was a place that I never went to, sort of like a back-street that you take from an alley one passes often.

Kuroiban, Jaden, Annalixa: The two people who I talked to don't even know each other (but I can be wrong in how connections are). The closest thing personally related to the whale thing would be dolphins, which are well-liked by my father (though he'd have nothing to do with this, I think) and I. I'm saying I don't have a "great whale", but I don't think I'd like being scared shitless before being introduced to a spirit guide. ^_^; If I can get back to astral, I hope to talk to it again. Maybe I just got scared off.
I know I'm still a pretty young mind to mold...so...what would be a good way to pick out the "true" and the "false" in that sense? Or is it something else I'll just have to "think" about?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:33 pm
I can't help you so much with that. I just found this yesterday and I think it's a pretty good read:

http://web.archive.org/web/20060118225000/www.whywiccanssuck.com/learn1.html  

Annalixa

SonarP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:46 pm
Hey, thanks! I think this will help. :3  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items