Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
The New! Improved! Mentorship Program!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:42 pm
So here is a quick rundown of this new mentor program, which you can find Here.

The Sticky

All this will contain is a list of current mentors, and what they mentor in, as well as an application to become a mentor.

The Subforum
The subforum is the hub of activity for the mentor program. It will contain:

1. An announcement topic, which will contain the process to become a mentee.

2. A sticky, with another list of current mentors and topics. This one will be more in depth, with each mentor creating a small blurb about themselves.

3. A sticky, a public Q&A about the mentorship program in general.

4. Each mentor will create a topic in the subforum. The first post must display the same blurb, plus their caseload. This topic can be utilized in any fashion as approved by crew. Best use would be a Q&A topic.

Becoming a Mentor

Mentors will fill out the below form, and send it to myself.
I or another crewmember will review the application afterwards:

Quote:
Thank you for your interest in becoming a mentor for the Pagan Fluffy Rehab Center. We are especially proud of our mentor program, and because of this, we have ask a little from each person before we approve your position. Please note: Just applying does not guarantee you a mentorship position. Each application will be reviewed by PFRC crew member.

Please send this application to Nuri.

Thank you again!

Nuri, PFRC Captain

PFRC Mentor form

Gaia Name:

Date:

Path/What you want to teach:

Respond to each question fully, and in paragraph form. Spelling and grammar count.

For each subject, please write why you wish to teach it.

For each subject, please state your qualifications.

For each subject, please provide a basic format for your mentoring.

What do you expect from your students?

How much time are you willing to devote to the program?

How would you handle a situation in which a student disagreed with them or had concerns with the way they taught?

What do you feel is a reasonable consequence if their participation in the program is lacking?

How would you handle a situation in which their student became non-responsive?

Becoming a Mentee

Potential Mentees will contact mentors personally to find out if there is a place for them. Mentors are under no obligation to accept any more mentees than they can handle.

Aren't I already a mentor?

If you are considered a mentor in the current topic, you MUST STILL submit an application to be a mentor in the new program. If you are not a mentor under the new program, you will not be able to create a topic for your mentorship in the subforum.

What if I am being mentored
Your mentor can choose whether or not to carry you over. Since the last thread was never kept up to date, they may not have a current list of their caseload. Please PM your mentor to ask about their place in the new system.

If your mentor doesn't move to the new system, whatever arrangement you currently have still stands, but they will not be able to use the subforum.

I hope people are as excited about the new system as I am! This really brings us a step forward as a guild into the vision of the rehab center: a place for people to learn and teach.

You may start to send applications to me at any time.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask here!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:47 pm
Below is my application to the mentor program. Do not just copy and paste my answers for your application. Original thought is appreciated and will be considered highly.

Quote:

PFRC Mentor form

Gaia Name
: Nuri

Date:
03/08/07

Path/What you want to teach:
Hellenic Paganism/Mythology
General Paganism

Respond to each question fully, and in paragraph form. Spelling and grammar count.

For each subject, please write why you wish to teach it.

Hellenic Paganism and Mythology: In the pagan family, this is where I most fall under. I feel that I have a lot of information and background knowledge that can be useful to others. Mythology intrigued me from a young age and I am passionate about different school of interpretation. My biggest influences are feminist, archetypal, and structural interpreation, although not usually at the same time.

General Paganism: I feel strongly that everyone experiences their spirituality differently, and what I believe isn't going to be helpful for everybody else or even right! I view my gift here to be helping others find their way in the confusing paganism scene.

In addition, I have a basic knowledge of criticism and philosophy of religious belief.

For each subject, please state your qualifications.

HP/M: I am a Hellenic Polytheist, and have been so for nearing four years. In this time I have done a substantial amount of research and exploration of the HP universe. As for mythology, I have done as much, if not more, research in that area. It is trite to say, but I had an A in Myth and Meaning, and was an assistant to my Classics professor for a wide variety of projects.

For each subject, please provide a basic format for your mentoring.

For all: I will utlize my topic as a public Q&A forum, as well as a starting point for my mentee, filled with links and books and all sorts of goodies. If a student doesn't feel comfortable with putting his or her questions in public, then they can PM me.

For both, I try to guide students towards resources that will help them, and answer questions as needed.

What do you expect from your students?

I expect my students to work, and if I say to find a resource that I cannot provide, that they make the effort to do so. If I ask a question, that they will answer it. If they are lost or confused, I expect them to tell me so.

How much time are you willing to devote to the program?

I currently spend about an hour a week finding materials and PMing mentee's. Barring any changes, this seems to be enough.

How would you handle a situation in which a student disagreed with you or had concerns with the way you taught?
I would try to address their concerns over the way I teach, but if we could not reach an agreement, I would stop being their mentor.

I disagree with a lot of my current mentee's, but as a general paganism mentor, this is bound to happen. I can address my views, but ultimately, my goal is to produce thoughtful thinkers. I cannot do this if I tell students what to believe.

What do you feel is a reasonable consequence if their participation in the program is lacking?
I would inform them of the problem I am having, consult the crew members of the guild if that doesn't work, and in that final situation, I would tell them that I am dropping them from the caseload. When they are ready to talk again, they may come back from wherever we left off.

How would you handle a situation in which their student became non-responsive?

If they are truely non-responsive, I would send them a final PM, asking for a response back in a week. If I get none, I will drop them from the caseload.

maenad nuri
Captain

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:42 pm
The Overhaul is now LIVE, people. Start having fun with it.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:44 pm
It looks like you put alot of effort into this, Nuri!! ^_^ Good job. I wish all of the mentors good luck!!  

MagickSlushii

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff