Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Fluff Bunny

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

T-kal Thornside

Dapper Smoker

3,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:10 pm
Well, I was trying to give my friend a definition of what being a fluff bunny was, but I couldn't give a definition, just examples.

Come here and tell us what you think it would be.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:28 pm
The willfully ignorant.  

maenad nuri
Captain

ILuvEire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:20 am
Nuri
The willfully ignorant.

Well all the definitions are basically enlongated versions of that. Fluffies ARE willfully ignorant. Even if you go and find 10 websites and twenty books that say that the godess candle doesn't have to be pink. They will just laugh at you and try to explain how close minded you are, and whip out their handy dandy wicca 101 by Silver Ravenwolf, and cite her one sentence that says goddess candles can be pink and have that as their excuse.

They drive my crazy, and everytime one converts, I am just so happy and exited I just jump for joy!!!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:15 am
Nuri
The willfully ignorant.

Oh, it's much worse than that. The worst "fluff bunnies" I've encountered are vain, self-centered, and arrogant people who have read a half-dozen books (usually by Llewellyn publishing) and are self-proclaimed high priestesses" of their covens--in spite of the fact that their coven usually consists of three or four people who know less than they do about witchcraft and the occult.
To make matters worse, their view of witchcraft is correct because the books say so, and why would an author be published if their books weren't correct?
Not to sound prideful, but I have studied witchcraft, mythology, and occultism for over twenty-five years, and more than once some teenage "fluff bunny" has told me that everything I know about Paganism is wrong--and when asked to prove her statement, more often than not her resource material was none other than Silver Ravenwolf! stressed
Of course, these are the same "fluff bunnies" who believe that Wicca is a 10,000-year-old religion and magic works like it does on television shows like Charmed, so what do you expect?

godhi

ILuvEire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:45 am
godhi
Nuri
The willfully ignorant.

Oh, it's much worse than that. The worst "fluff bunnies" I've encountered are vain, self-centered, and arrogant people who have read a half-dozen books (usually by Llewellyn publishing) and are self-proclaimed high priestesses" of their covens--in spite of the fact that their coven usually consists of three or four people who know less than they do about witchcraft and the occult.
To make matters worse, their view of witchcraft is correct because the books say so, and why would an author be published if their books weren't correct?
Not to sound prideful, but I have studied witchcraft, mythology, and occultism for over twenty-five years, and more than once some teenage "fluff bunny" has told me that everything I know about Paganism is wrong--and when asked to prove her statement, more often than not her resource material was none other than Silver Ravenwolf! stressed
Of course, these are the same "fluff bunnies" who believe that Wicca is a 10,000-year-old religion and magic works like it does on television shows like Charmed, so what do you expect?

haha I have met some bad fluffies, but none anywhere NEAR that bad.
-ILuvEire-  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:12 pm
Ouch.... I kinda like the lewellyn books. They seem to give another perspective of things... (not always a nice perspective, but soemthing that can be tinkered with*  

T-kal Thornside

Dapper Smoker

3,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

godhi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:25 am
Kaena Wraithson
Ouch.... I kinda like the Llewellyn books. They seem to give another perspective of things... (not always a nice perspective, but something that can be tinkered with)

Unfortunately, Llewellyn Books are mass market paperbacks and as such are proof of Sturgeon's Law.*

*Sturgeon's Law: 90% of Everything is crap.
(credited to the late science fiction writer, Theodore Sturgeon)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:45 pm
godhi
Kaena Wraithson
Ouch.... I kinda like the Llewellyn books. They seem to give another perspective of things... (not always a nice perspective, but something that can be tinkered with)

Unfortunately, Llewellyn Books are mass market paperbacks and as such are proof of Sturgeon's Law.*

Not everything that Llewellyn publishes is crap.  

TheDisreputableDog

ShadowSharrow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:31 pm
godhi

Well if you knew the history of llewellyn publishing you would not think it of the publishing company as a whole.
It was founded in 1901 and the fact it is still running to day says a lot for it.
With out it authors the like of Dion Fortune and Aleister Crowleywould not have been published in the 1960s and 1970s

Yes the shift and focus changed when it was bought in 1961 but is is due to
the fact llewellyn took the risks on certain books and authors the wider pagan scence exsists in the usa.

I think those books serve two functions.

1) they keep the 'other' books safe and hidden in plain site.
There are some people who go looking as part of a phase or a fad and they get drawn to the purple velvet covered, glitter encrusted book, and I would rather they have that then A witches bible or a copy of the key of solomon.

2) as well as miseducationg the fluffies they have educated many people who will never be pagan to not fearing certain tools and signs and to assuming
that pagans are satanists and murdering and raping babies or was that raping and then murdering babies.

Alos a lot of llewellyn books are 'new age' and not pagan while they may be spiritual.

I do have some of llewellyn titles and each one has it's function and it's place, even if it is something not scarey looking for my mother to flip through if she is babysitting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Llewellyn_Worldwide
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_L._Weschcke

What a fluffy bunny is to me:

Someone who is afraid of thier own shadow, literally. Usually thier shadowself.
Some who wants to see on the good in people and depends on it.
Some one who wants to be or says they are or looks for or only talks to 'white witches/healers'
Someone who has rose tinted corneas.
Someone who thinks that if they don't mean harm or didnt mean harm then harm will not come to anyone due to thier deeds or words.
They shy away from the viseral side of life and spirituality.

Basically

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

They do not want to see the world and themseleves as it is and can not see the many wonderful things they can to do change it and themselves.

They do not want to listen to thier inner voices, to what thier gods and the earth are telling them and can not advail of the wise words said to them.

They do not want to speak of scarey/dark things or ill of anyone and so they can no speak out, tell thier truths and ask the right questions.

Everyone goes trough the 'Oh Shiney!!!' stage and the omg!!! this is me.
And some people never dig deeper and y'know that is ok but there are those who try to move on thinking thier innocence and good intent will protect them and it won't.

There is nothing wrong with being full of the joy of discovering your spiritual path but for ever up there is a down and for a lot of those that I see who are fluffy bunnies there are many I pray for thier own sakes that they stay that way as they would not have the rescources or the resilantce to endure the God's testing them.

If some one is going about vomiting up information from a book at everyone then clearly they have not digested it.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:36 am
TheDisreputableDog
godhi
Kaena Wraithson

Not everything that Llewellyn publishes is crap.

I didn't say that everything Llewellyn publishes is crap. Just most of it. mrgreen  

godhi

Annalixa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:54 am
Nuri
The willfully ignorant.

The willfully ignorant and/or outright delusional and/or hardcore powertrippers.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:12 am
ShadowSharrow
What a fluffy bunny is to me:

Someone who is afraid of thier own shadow, literally. Usually thier shadowself.
Some who wants to see on the good in people and depends on it.
Some one who wants to be or says they are or looks for or only talks to 'white witches/healers'
Someone who has rose tinted corneas.
Someone who thinks that if they don't mean harm or didnt mean harm then harm will not come to anyone due to thier deeds or words.
They shy away from the viseral side of life and spirituality.
You know, I think this goes both ways. One can be fluffy in the exactly opposite sense as well.

"I only do black magic. I AM Shadow..." etc. All the opposites of what you stated are also fluffy, as they are in ignorance of the other half of what they profess to be. Someone who thinks the whole world is doom and gloom is just as bad as someone who thinks it's all light and happy. They're both deluding themselves.

Fluffy is unrealistic. That can manifest in many forms.

I really do think the most concise explanation is described in Nuri's post: "The willfully ignorant."  

Pelta

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:05 pm
Some people would discribe all beginners as 'fluff' but I think thats way unfair. Its not all always their fault when people get bad information. They're only fluff if they won't exept new information, which as someone already said, would be willfull ignorance.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:21 am
What book is it....I think it's "The Witch's Book of Answers".

It defines "fluff bunny" as "a derogatory term for those who practice only white magic, used by people who can't look at the positive" or something like that. I remember laughing at the tone that sounded remarkably like "quit persecuting us, you meanies!" *sniff*  

Padmasana

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff