Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Mentee Activity: Draw with me [Step 2!!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Look

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:16 am
Got caught up with some work these days, I'll continue to step 3 in a few days.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:18 pm
User Image

THUMDNAILS ARE HARD.

I need to go think of some more, but this'll do for now. I think I like how they're posed, though I might move the one away from the other a little, but I need a new background, something lighter I think. Happier.  

soupey

LavenderMintRose

Cheery Sweetheart

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:01 pm
Is it too late to start?

I'll draw my original characters, Raelinn and Caitriona, flying. The feeling I want to have in it is freedom, but also a bit of loneliness.

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:28 am
Can I still participate? xD;;;

I want to evoke some feeling of pride-evoked loneliness in combination with mystery, which works wonders with the character I'm drawing. I want to draw the character from above (yet I suck with that perspective ahahaha 8D;;; ), and I want to draw the reflection of the moon, since his name is based on that and it'll add to the mystery.
And bunny simply because the bunny= part of his name as well. 8D;;; Poor guy, seriously.
The music going with this is Vanessa Mae's Tango de los exilados, which is a classical tango. 8D;

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Jadeth

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

the B r e a d Basket

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:32 pm
I will be drawing two people after a battle, one supporting the other, with the stormy skys being broken through by light.
I want to convey the feeling of a special togetherness that can only be brought on through hard times, and the hope that follows.
I like to use music, so I'm using "Everything You Want" by Vertical Horizon as a base of inspiration.
:Edit: Thumbnails, hurrah.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The original idea was the first one, but I found I didn't like it as much. The second was ok, but not really what I wanted either. The third and fourth were more towards what I wanted, as they not only showed the "hope" portion, but the tragety that caused it. The 5th...just...I didn't like it, though playing with the view was fun. So I settled on the last one, being able to get the feeling I had wanted, the people looking down on the remanants of a village, the main element being...I suppose the sky or people. ....Sang got bored durning that last thumbnail and messed with it more than she should have. Shame on Sang.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:26 pm
i dunno somthing odd somthin sinister or creepy....let me draw den scan dis sucka up.  

King Dreadling

Freaksrus

Sarcastic Codger

24,440 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Survivor 150
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:10 am
Ack! I'll work on this later. I totally forgot. *whacks self*  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:52 am
Thanks for posting that up. ^^ That has helped me out alot. I usually have a hard time expressing emotions threw my art. I didn't think to try out different angles. ^^  

FeyxCosmos VI

enticing rapture

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:10 pm
I will be attempting to draw young boy sitting, secluded in his room, knees pulled to his chest, brooding over his once happy past.
I wish to convey a sense of hopelessness, despair and resentment and to show that, even the happiest of people, hide pain behind there smile.
The main focus of my picture should be the photographs/pictures of a happy past now lost accented by the lonely, despairing boy located somewhere in the background.

Note: I have very little understand of composition and lighting so any help people are willing to provide would be greatly appreciated.

-Thumbnails-
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I think I'm going to pick the second picture. To me the second has the best flow and the significance of the photography is really highlighted not only by its direct position in front but by the frame as well. I also think, that in the second on the photograph is what catch your eye first, drawing you into the picture.

Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff