Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
{{..Hana Art..}} Updated: 17.03

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LoneHana

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:05 am
User Image

'ello everyone! Thanks for dropping by~ I'm LoneHana~ You can call me Hana or LH~ I've been drawing since I was a little. I do pixel art (dolls etc) as well as anime/chibi art~ My dA is here: Clicky~

For pixel art I use Jasc's Paintshop Pro (to pixel) and Animation shop (to animate) biggrin
For everything else I usually sketch on paper, scan, and do the inking and CGing in Open Canvas. I have very little experience with natural media.

I'd like to learn how to do digital painting~ CG without the outlines! I need a lot of practise with anatomy, especially for guys. I'd also like to expand my animation ability with my dolls.

I guess I'll be posting up some WIPs soon~ If I ever get my school stuff finished... =__=;;
Here's my latest finished artwork: Fanart~~

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:14 am
LoneHana

I'd like to learn how to do digital painting~ CG without the outlines!
*sigh* me too... ehrm.. anyways... so far I think you are on the right track. You know how to color, that's a given. You know where your light sources are. Guess the only thing I can say is to try to experiment with more dynamic poses/angles I think you'd really be good at it since you've pretty much got the more passive ones down. Very nice. ^_^  

beddyteddy2

Wispered

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:16 am
Hi LoneHana ^_^
I agree you're on the right track.
There's just two things I want to mention on your naruto fanart, the forearms are quite short. When an arm is bent, the wrist should be almost shoulder level.
The other thing is something that I used to do a lot. His toes are going the wrong way. It looks like on his left leg that his big toe is on the outside when it should be the inside. Now, if you were actually trying to make it a small toe, curve it down and have it feel like it's pointing inwards.
Otherwise though, you are on the right track and I look forward to seeing more from you. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:38 pm
@ Haliya: Thanks~
Right now I'm not very confident with anatomy so I should stay with more static poses until I get the hang of it a bit more~ Especially male anatomy ><;;

@Eejbeej: Whoa~ You're right! They're so off! ><;; Thanks!

LoneHana

LoneHana

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:05 pm
New sketch:
User Image
This is for a commission. I've been having trouble with anatomy so I wanted to post this here first before I added the details. The shoulder looks weird to me but I'm not too sure how to fix it up...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:36 am
I think the problem is where the neck is, it needs to bumped to our left more. Shoulders, even at that angle, still look fairly equal in length, they aren't necessarily equal, but it should look like if she turned they would be.
My only other crit is the wrist of the raised arm, I think it could be slightly narrower with a bit more curve to the right side of her forearm. Maybe look in the mirror to see what I mean..right now there isn't enough contrast between the thick and the thin.

I love those fingers. And the pose is good, interesting. Can't wait to see this one finished.  

Wispered

LoneHana

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:58 pm
ooh~ Thanks for the help~ heart heart
*nod nod* I get what your saying~ I'll fix it up tonight and post it up soon~

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:20 pm
User Image

Added all the detail now~  

LoneHana

Wispered

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:59 am
It's looking great, the details are coming along wonderfully.
I just noticed though that her closest shoulder seems a bit detached, bump it in a bit, armpit and all, and I think that should fix it.  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games