Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply General Discussion (other than weight loss)
Please help.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:11 pm
My mother, godmother, first employer, great-aunt, and about a dozen others who are (or were) close to me have been diagnosed with cancer. Most have survived. Some have not. I know no one whose family hasn't been touched with this horrible, painful disease. At the time, all I could think of to do about it was pray. I felt so powerless against cancer.

I don't feel that way anymore. Thanks to walks, runs, jogs, book reading marathons, and other endeavors, people are aware of cancer and are donating funds to contribute to research. Someday (please, God, soon!) we will find out what causes cancer, and more importantly, what can wipe it out for good.

Will you be a part of that research? Maybe you'll grow up to be a famous doctor or medical researcher whose work provides the breakthrough we need. Or maybe you'll help the research by joining us as we walk, run, roll, or ride in order to raise funds and awareness. Maybe you'll be one of those precious people who contribute financially to the research. Will you help? Please click on the link in my signature, and help us in the struggle. We need everyone.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:19 pm
You know, it would be good to walk for an illness. I know I could get my parents and friends to sponser money.  

dangerousfish

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:57 pm
my brother is a cancer survivor and my grandmother was just diagnosed with breast cancer.

i am always involved with Relay for Life.... That is another good organization related to cancer.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:28 pm
My mom died 3 years ago with what started out as Breast Cancer. It spread throughout her body, and her body completely shut down. I'm very cautious about it, I eat a lot of tomatos when I can(heard it was good to prevent), Take vitamins, and get examined regularly to make sure nothing has creeped up. But theres only so much a normal person can do.... cry  

LadySilverNite

Agorphia

8,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:42 am
My mom died of cancer about 3 1/2 years ago too. @_@
I'm not trying to do anything to prevent myself from getting it, but it's not like I'm doing anything that would make the risk higher.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:21 pm
I can say that there are amany people who are working hard for people in your family. My grandfather died of lung cancer, but there are many people I know who are lending support, including I.

Don't worry, things will get better.
All we can do is hope and sponser.  

Sell Out Kid

General Discussion (other than weight loss)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games