Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
LostPotencial's Mind splates 1 pic up

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LostPotencial

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:18 pm
Short and simple, I'll post a recent image and hope to receive some wonderful crit.

This image was made to be a commission sample. It's my OC Thyme(a Naruto OC) and I'm havin' issues with her right arm and hand. And if anyone can crit on the colourin' I'd appreciate it.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:49 pm
Hey there LP ^_^
Overall I like this picture, I like the pose. A few things I noticed:
Her calves are really long. I think in reality the thighs are longer, but you can get away with making them even with calves I think. I like the knees, I think they are well done. It's a place a lot of people tend to not do so well on.
The other thing is her further breast should probably have more of a curve to it, not much but a bit. Right now the other one looks much fuller.
I'm not an expert on colouring but the shadows don't look consistent. They're lacking on the lower legs and sometimes it doesn't seem to follow the forms (IE in the breast the curve of the shadow is opposite of what it should be)
I'm also going to suggest choosing a completely different colour for your shadows than your base colour. Often complimentary's work. It'll make your work pop a bit more.

Can't wait to see more from you ^_^  

Wispered

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces