Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
8D Noa's Poo Art ❤

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Noa

Wheezing Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:18 pm
Yes yes, I've decided to display my cgs, practices, wips, sketches, etcs. 8D Basically anything random that were produced by my hands.

To start off, I shall post these:
User Image
User Image

8D random pchat doodles. Please critique as you please <333.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:47 pm
The first one looks really good, just watch that far eye, its losing a bit of definition and looks like the eyeball is protruding a bit much. Maybe darken the lid line slightly to pull the iris back in. Adding some lashes off the end of the far eye might help as well since you are defining lashes elsewhere. I love those lips. *has a lip fetish*

On the second one, watch the angles on your profile. The angle from the nose to the chin should be more like (text examples are poor, but I hope you get what I mean) Think of the profile face planes like uneven steps..The forehead goes out, then in to the eye, out for the nose, in to the chin. The lips and chin will stick out a bit, but they'll still fit in the last angle.

Am I making any sense now? Sometimes I overexplain.... Anyway, I hope I made more sense than not, and I look forward to seeing more from you.  

Wispered

Noa

Wheezing Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:16 pm
^^ Ohhh thank you very much <33. As for the first one, I see what you mean. I havn't noticed it before, but I agree the eyeball does seem to protrude a bit too much.

And as for the 2nd one, I will keep practicing profiles and keep your pointers in mind 3nodding <33.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:01 pm
This is my attempt to illustrate Eejbeej's suggestion. I hope it helps. wink  

loontje

Wispered

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:51 pm
That's just about it. I think the chin should probably move back as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:15 pm
Aside from Eejbeej's suggestions..I want to say the ear on the second is rather large. I could be wrong, because I'm still trying to grasp anatomy more. Though, I remember being told that the ear is generally from the bottom of the nose to your brow. Or something along those lines gonk  

Luxels

Noa

Wheezing Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:29 pm
@loontje: 8DD Ohh thank you so much for the visual aid <333

@Eejbeej: Ahh, yes I agree, I'll have to fix that 83.

@Pinky.Cow: 8D Ohh! Yeah, definatly a tad too big. ^^ Yeah, the very top of the ears come up to the brows, but for elves that doesn't work so the top part where it is connected with the face starts at the same level as the middle of the eye.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:42 pm
yay ^^; I still need to fix the eye a bit, but way too tired to do that atm.

User Image  

Noa

Wheezing Citizen

Wispered

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:48 pm
That's already a significant improvement! ^_^
A slight nitpick that I actually just noticed on this new one, the back of her skull doesn't quite seem to be full enough. I think if you extended it just a little behind the ear that would fix that right up. But you're deffinately on the right track.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:31 pm
^^ Ohhh I see what you mean <33! I shall keep that in mind for the next time I work on this. sweatdrop must go sleep now <33 night~  

Noa

Wheezing Citizen

Luxels

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:23 pm
OH. Elf. I feel retarded now. I couldn't tell the way it was previously I guess. I see it now XD.  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games