Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
//BURN_SOAPY_'s_sketchbook// __last updated 5/11

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fiddledidi

8,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:53 pm
// INTRO //
The thread is named as it is for a reason... which means, I want some honest critiques. If you actually think my art sucks and I don't deserve any page views, please tell me. And please give me specific reasons.
...Happy burning C:

// LATEST ART //
It's a WIP ^^;;
User Image

// EARLIER ART //
March--Copic--RL Friend's OC
March--Pencil--couple commission
Feb--Open Canvas--OC
Feb--Open Canvas--OC
Jan--Pencil and PS--jA Gaia commission
Jan--Open Canvas--Gaia contest entry
Jan--Open Canvas--Narcissaa Gaia commission

Will add later...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:55 pm
reserved  

fiddledidi

8,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200

Sriae

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:26 pm
Ooh, I like the coloring, especially on her hair. : D Her face looks really delicate and pretty. :3

Things I can tell are off: Her hair isn't casting a shadow on the right side of her face, and her shoulders look off (can't help with this one. I suck at this particular perspective. >> wink . Also, there should be more creases on her left side than right side (from our viewpoint). Her head's also too big up top and her ears disappeared. : O

Something about her right (our left) arm bugs me as well, but I can't tell what it is. confused  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:17 pm
I love this piece. It's very pretty.
The arm Sriae mentioned is too thin I think, especially compared to the other whch is sitting further back and is a bit thicker.
I'm also not sure on the placement of her neck on her shoulders, I think it needs to scooch to our right a bit, but I don't think it's a huge deal.
Those eyes are -gorgeous-  

Wispered

Jitsumi1221

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:28 pm
her left hand is much larger then the right one, i think maybe you can make it a tad bit bigger. aside from that i think its a really pretty piece ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:52 pm
Thanks guys... yeah the hand looks really odd xD  

fiddledidi

8,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200

Wispered

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:51 pm
The latest piece, the couple, really cute. A few nitpicks about the guy's arm. I think it may be too long, if you tucked it in a touch closer to the lass' body brought the elbow up a bit and shortened the forearm a bit, you'd still get the same pose and I think it would fix the arm length. The other thing was his hand, it's too small. You did a great job on her hand and on his fingers resting in the arch of her back, its just his full hand thats a bit small.
Your stuff has a lot of feeling to it. Keep it up ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:33 pm
Thank you blaugh  

fiddledidi

8,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200

fiddledidi

8,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:38 pm
D8  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:53 am
Heh, I love the pirateyness of it all!

Just watch her feet, their a bit too small and I'd recommend hinting at what she's sitting on, just to ground her a bit.
I think her fingers might be a bit short as well, but otherwise, I think it turned out great. Love the texture on the coveralls.  

Wispered

fiddledidi

8,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:59 pm
Woo! First one in a while.

Thanks Eejbeej :]  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:59 pm
O___O; You're Soapeh! <333

Okii, so I hafta say your dA has shown crazy progress, lykwhoa. <3

And I can't find much wrong in this cept her stomach area and hands. Y'know, where it curves in on the left? Well, I know it doesn't like that with my body, and I'm pretty sure really skinny girls don't have that curve either, because that's where the ribcage is. (am I correct?) So, to fix it, you would take the line from before it began curving inwards and bring it down... well, I can't quite explain, but you prolly get it.

Also, her hand/arm to my right bothers me because of the angle in the elbow and the wrist. Also, (this is nitpicky but) the fingers holding the dragon seem a bit odd. It's hard to tell, but if you look at your hand, (yes, stick it out in front of your face) you can see that the joints on each finger are not all in a straight line correct? In fact, they are in sort of a semicircle. So, when you hold onto something, they wouldn't all be aligned, right? (I am unsure as to whether this nitpicking is incredibly inaccurate or not, so please excuse me if I am wrong. ;O; )

Luff yaaaa~ <333 (This picture is lovely by the way. *O* I love her face and the pose and the dragon. C: )  

KotokoPlum

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff