Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Gone

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lanae of Lost Hope

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:14 am
Hello, I'm Lanae... and this is my little corner. I will post my WIPs and it's finished counterparts. I would deeply appreciate any critques!

WIPs (updated 3-02-07 11:37pm CST)

Girl Waving/ Girl Waving (Edit)
Profile Bust/ Profile Bust (Edit)
Attempt at a chibi

Finished
(updated 3-27-07 9:21am CST)
My first art trade  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:14 am
On the profile one, watch how the neck and jaw join. There's a bit of skin that angles down for a more smooth onnection of the neck and jaw, I wish I had a tablet, I'd show you what I mean, but take a look at someone, I think you'll understand... It starts a bit behind the chin and is sort of like a shallow ramp into the neck.  

Wispered

Razmaz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
This image is very cute and pretty, and I think that your character design and outfit choice are very nice. My main concern with this picture is her center of gravity, so I moved both of her legs inward... the bent one overlaps the straight leg which is hitting the ground somewhere in the middle of where her body weight is focused.

Please please please please please don't cut yer characters off at the feet. Even if you think you'retheworstatdrawingfeeteverlikeomigawd, it is a very bad habit to do such a thing. Anyway, the more you draw feet, the better you'll get at them, right?

A lot of other redline stuff that I added was mostly for prettiness. I added some curviness to her raised arm, added some folds and pant details here and there, and I drew the foot in on her bent leg in order to give it more three dimensionality.

Oh, also... I think that her right (to our left) breast should be curved out a little more because it kinda looked inorganic to me.

AND NOW FOR THE SECOND IMAGE. biggrin

You're pretty good at drawing profiles and the only errors I saw were pretty minor except that the body looked a bit too bulky to me. I also thought that the chin was drawn a bit too large, and one thing that I noticed was that the lips you drew were very close to the nose. I barely moved the chin at all, all I did was move the top lip down and the chin seemed to fix itself after I added the bottom lip. I also added a small amount of definition to the nose and made it less pointy, but this is a small detail that is more stylistic than anything.

Hope this helps you out. Nice pictures, yo! :3

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:59 pm
Thank you both so much! blaugh I'm just learning so much about human anatomy. x3 It just inspires me to draw more!  

Lanae of Lost Hope

Lanae of Lost Hope

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:23 am
Uhm, new drawing on the first post. redface  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out