Best Ska Show Moment? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PnkSktchr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:10 pm
I have two great moments :

1.) I was at this one ska show, and one of the bands me know well since my dad takes pictures of the bands at the shows, and sends them CDs with the photos on them.
Anyways, after skanking hella hard after this one song, I left the room they were playing in to take a quick water break. The room had windows, so I guess the lead singer Rob saw me and said to my dad while looking at me "Dude, what the hell's you daughter doing out there? WHo's that with her, her boyfriend?" After hearing that, I look right through the window and see him looking at me say "Yeah, get back in here!" It was awesome!

2.) (this happened last night) THe band previously mentioned was Flip The Switch (from Sacramento, CA) and it was Rob's birthday. So, since FTS had spent the night a little while ago, and I knew how much he could eat, I took a whole package of cookie mix, and took all of the dough and put it into a pie pan and baked it.
Rob liked it, and when he showed Big Daddy, he was all like "Is that a pie?" "No, it's a cookie" "It's a pookie!"
So we were out in the parking lot of the venue eating pookie. I swear, Rob's so nice. He even gave me a hug!! XD  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:52 am
I may or may not be going to a Big D show with three of my favorite local ska bands. I don't think my mom is gonna let me go though :[[[[  

Status Quo Joe

American Skinhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:04 pm
getting to go backstage to meet the skatalites after they played "your wondering now" per my request.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:34 pm
My first concert.

When Tusker played, my friends and I yelled for them to play "Turtles"
and they said "We aren't gonna play Turtles, so shut yer goddamn mouthes!"
Which was hilarious, because that was the next song they played. xp

And that same show, getting smacked in the side of the head by Dave's cleaver during "Mr. Smiley"

And I talked to him after the show (Dave from Mustard Plug), we asked him where "the Plug" costume went...if you've been a Mustard Plug fan that long...it was hilarious looking.  

Yukimura Fujibayashi

Yaktafu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:57 am
The only shows I;ve been to with any ska, unfortunately, are ones I've played in with my punk/hardcore/ska band.
But one time we started playing our (currently) instrumental ska song "Pen Island" and the entire crowd got on stage and skanked with us, wich was just sick, ;cause there's, like, no ska scene around here.
but I'll get back to you in a week, 'casue I', gonn' go see Reel Big Fish next sunday.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff