Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 79 80 81 82

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Capitan Doggo

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:03 pm
I'm Jagerin, call me Cara though (: I'm Nineteen, and I've been self-learning art for a few years now, on and off though. I started with traditional realism `till I learned about the almighty Tablet Power. I stuck with humans for quite a while and only just started animals a couple of months ago. I've also just got accepted into an epic Art Course where hopefully it'll help me push my boundaries and my 'art box'.
Art is my passion~

I'm quite friendly too btw.

My dA  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:07 pm
I'm E, and have been going to school for the last few years to double major in Psychology and Biology. I'm going to take a small break from that to get a degree in Radiology.

I like to draw humans and animals mostly. Up until a few days ago, the only drawing I was doing was in my notebooks during class. I'm hoping to start new art pieces and improve my skills. I do most of my serious art digitally. I love Western Comics.

Other things: I'm currently taking a Wheel Throwing class.  

Corrupter of Words

A t r o c i t y

8,125 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:21 pm
Im cindy
Currently 18 and a senior in high school in Seattle, WA.

I started drawing since the 7th grade because i enjoyed manga/anime so much. My style is always changing because i'm always inspired and influenced by all sorts of artists in different media.

I also enjoy gaming, but unfortunately spend more time doing that than picking up a pencil...

nice to meet you all  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:20 am
Hello. I'm a university student currently doing a course in architecture. My love for anime and manga is what inspired me to draw. This means that I can draw only anime/manga style and suck at everything else. sweatdrop

By being here I hope to learn from everyone. ^^ And expand my artistic abilities.

This is my Deviant Art page. sweatdrop  

lunarian light

Original Prophet

the ever amazing charlie

Popular Prophet

5,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:25 pm
Hi. My name is Charlie, I'm 21 and I feel like I need direction in my art, and that's why I'm here! smile

I've been drawing for most of my life, but I've been drawing seriously since high school, though it took the past year for me to realise just how hard a career in art is going to be, but I'm still in the game despite that.

I hope to meet some awesome people, and I hope to improve my art at the same time.

Lookin' forward to drawing with you all. smile  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:05 pm
Hello hello!

You guys can call me Rae or Asher. Life's been pretty crazy for me for the past few years so I haven't been able to work on my art, but it's something I'll always love and I never want to abandon. Hopefully joining up with this guild will help me psych myself up for some more activity and the improvement that comes with it!

My art is a strange hybrid of anime and western, since my western-taught dad was the one who originally showed me how to draw, but for years I was pretty obsessed with anime (not so much anymore). Right now, however, working on my style is secondary to honing and developing my grasp on the basics.

Besides art, I like video games, writing, and cats. /o/

Also, 'sup, Charlie? <3

Edit: I forgot to mention - I didn't draw my sig. It's an old placeholder I made a long time ago that I'm using until I've drawn enough new stuff to make a new sig out of. XP  

Ashercroix

Wheezing Phantom

11,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Ineka

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:39 pm
Hello! I'm Ineka (you can also call me Inea.)

I'm 19 (20 next month!) and will be a junior in college this fall, majoring in Illustration. I'm here because I want to improve, of course, and maybe also help other people less experienced. My ideal job is to be a concept artist for video games someday.
I love sweet foods, singing, writing, roleplaying, cats, video games, nature, and art (of course!)

This is my DeviantArt
and this is my newly-created Sketch Blog

Nice to meet you all!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:43 am
Hello, this is Cerulean. smile I've been done with school for three years now with a major in Global Studies and minor in English-Creative Writing. I've also been out of a job for almost a year now, too xd . However, I've been drawing and painting like crazy since then and I think I've improved a bit, but I want to improve even more so, that's why I joined.

I enjoy drawing anime and manga styles a lot, but I have been dabbling in realism and although I am not that good, I am determined to get better at it. You can check out my gallery here or follow the URL down there.  

C e r u l e a n

Intellectual Mage

9,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: KO 200

SinfulNekoBot1

4,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:14 am
Hello, I'm Neko.

I'm 15 and specialize mainly in drawing, but I also enjoy pottery, literature, clay molding, and carving (although, the farthest I've gotten with carving is soap, haha). I draw in the manga style, but I've been trying to broaden my scope a bit, because, to be honest, what's the chances of making it anywhere with just manga?
I came here hoping to improve, and any minor comment is helpful!
For ages, my favorite artist was MC Escher (sp?), but lately I've been absolutely fangirling over Leonardo da Vinci. <3
Besides art, I also like to play with animals, video games, be a bum on the computer... and I suppose my fail attempts to learn German count too.

Here's my deviantART.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:54 pm
Hey there! 'Im ZellaWoods a.k.a Zella.

I'm 15 years old and ever since I was young, I loved drawing. I am a self-taught artist and only really started focusing on it once I was 11 years old (7-8th grade-ish) Gaia is what actually got me into the digital art medium actually as I don't watch much TV shows or anime (I had no idea what anime was until I was in grade 7!) So I'd like to think im quite loyal to this site. I used to have a previous account (xX_Zella_Xx) but it was unfairly banned because I apparently hadn't been posting enough. For a few months, I swore off gaia because of all the things I lost but eventually found myself back. I just hope it never happens again.

I love drawing people and I'm always striving for semi realism, surrealism and cartoon styles. (Can you tell i'm not that big a fan of manga?) I've always admired people like http://freiheit.deviantart.com/ and http://shoomlah.deviantart.com/ and http://loish.deviantart.com/

I would absolutely love to draw and 'paint' like them <3

I cant wait until I learn more things from this group--I need it!  

Calypsiel

Dapper Genius

8,575 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Befriended 100

Vena

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:00 pm
ZellaWoods

I'm 15 years old and ever since I was young, I loved drawing. I am a self-taught artist and only really started focusing on it once I was 11 years old (7-8th grade-ish) Gaia is what actually got me into the digital art medium actually as I don't watch much TV shows or anime (I had no idea what anime was until I was in grade 7!) So I'd like to think im quite loyal to this site. I used to have a previous account (xX_Zella_Xx) but it was unfairly banned because I apparently hadn't been posting enough. For a few months, I swore off gaia because of all the things I lost but eventually found myself back. I just hope it never happens again.

I love drawing people and I'm always striving for semi realism, surrealism and cartoon styles. (Can you tell i'm not that big a fan of manga?) I've always admired people like http://freiheit.deviantart.com/ and http://shoomlah.deviantart.com/ and http://loish.deviantart.com/

Hey, I don't think you can be banned for 'not posting enough'... (I would have been banned looong ago!) Maybe it was a scam? That sucks though sad

but anyways, welcome! I love Loish too. Great artist smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:46 pm
Vena
ZellaWoods

Hey, I don't think you can be banned for 'not posting enough'... (I would have been banned looong ago!) Maybe it was a scam? That sucks though sad

but anyways, welcome! I love Loish too. Great artist smile

I cant remember the exact reason but it was something like that! All I know was that it wasn't fair D:< I really wish they took more care into banning people! I used to have 10 mill. and even more than that in items. I never hacked or anything--I just drew pictures non stop. T^T all my hard work is gone because of one swift act from a moderator.

Thanks! I love your art btw :3 And yes, Loish is amazing *3* Everything she draws is so fluid! <3  

Calypsiel

Dapper Genius

8,575 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Befriended 100

leylageeker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:07 pm
Lolhi. 8D

I'm Leyla, and uh... I haven't used Gaia in like, years, but I figured this would be a fun way to ~make new friends~ and I always really like this guild, so...

I'm a senior in high school and I draw a lot in my spare time. I try not to be awkward on the internet, but sometimes I fail. 8D I might have already introduced myself, but I 'quit' Gaia two years ago. So hi again! C:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:52 pm
Hai Thar!
I am new to this guild as you can probably tell. I am very happy to giving and receiving advice from all of you.
My name is Sharra and I can be a bit random at times.
I have trouble explaining things so I am very sorry if you misunderstand what I try to explain.
I have a keen eye for detail and a personality that is attracted to many styles. ^-^ If you want always feel free to PM me if you want to do art for me. In fact just PM me for whatever reason! (I get bored and lonely at times)
It can be for advice advertisement. I don't really give a hoot.
I love exploring new artist DA. ^-^ I am very nice, but I stand up to what i believe in so I can get into a big discussion about a subject.
Although, people always seem to think I am arguing when I am actually trying to express what i believe in.
Anyway, i am a ninja and when I loose I win. (in my mind)Just deal with it.
Want to know more look at my profile. ;D
Oh, if you want to see my DA there is a link in my sig.

The Virgin Slayer

Rich Prophet

12,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

peinture avec angelique

Feral Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:33 am
Hey~

Well, I'm x shini-chan x, but you may call me Shinku (or, if you really want to, Angélique is my real name). I love drawing chibi-inspired figures and wish to discover the secrets behind the techniques that great Gaian artists cling onto.

I'm still in High-school (in South Africa, which means when you're 17, you're in grade 11) and have Fine Art as a subject (which I am starting to regret, because the teacher does not give enough space for personal style development).
Yes, I can be stubborn and sensitive, but I'll always come back for more - for the sake of obtaining as much knowledge as I possibly can about the Creative Arts (includes literature and well, art)! And I won't stop until I know I'm the best I can be! :3

So that's that....
Nice meeting you all! c:  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 79 80 81 82

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas