Submit

How Rude!
  completly rude!
  eh..he just wants food
  hey! thats stephanie's line!!
View Results

Blaiz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:04 pm
How about those poor, dirty, down on their luck, homeless people? I mean, they dont even want them to live in tents! What are those poor guys suppose to do?

Now, if you didnt sense a hint of sarcasm in there...just to let you know, there is.

Check this: (haha, that reminds me of some old school mc or something XD )

Anyways, here I am walking to class right after getting out of work. After class, I go to my other job (that doesnt let out till late), which I barely have time to even make it there because of traffic. So, I pull out what would be my lunch for the afternoon, a health/snack bar thing, and start eating. Homeless guy walks up to me and asks for the classic money for food. I tell him I dont have any money but I could give him some of my bar. I give him a little more than half, you know, being nice and all that.

He shoves it into his pocket, with a cocky smile and I guess playful tone, says to me, "Ill save that for later, Im trying to get some money for some real food." while he walks away, mind you.

Oh! Inside I was livid. I swear, i know my faced changed, i felt it go from neutral to "i cant believe this sob just tried me like that!"

I mean, honestly, dont you think that's a bit rude? That was my lunch and he didnt even seem to appreciate it! Im not even positive he said thank you. I really should have asked for it back and then thrown it into the trash, in his face. That punk deserves to be homeless!

Makes me never want to give food to homeless people again. Grr! But i never give money to the homeless anywayz. I dont trust them, to be honest.

Discussion points:
Do you give food/money to the homeless people that ask and junk? Why or why not? Are they down on their luck or are they just sad, drunk, pathetic bastards?
(Im sorry but im still mad.)  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:48 am
Aww~ poor Blaiz. And you were being so nice. What a waste of candy. Okay, well not candy, but they do taste good~
I'll give to the homeless depending on the situation. I really do hate to be cornered in a parking lot as I'm walking to the car. That's where I always seem to come across them. I don't think they deserve to be homeless, and they might be hungry... but they shouldn't pick on certain people and pressure them for money..

Oh yeah~ by the way, I love your avi. Is this the direction you were talking about the other day?

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Kohana Ichibana

9,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:11 pm
Every year when we go to Mexico we ALWAYS go to the same resturaunt in San Juan de Los Lagos. I never finish my food on purpose. I have a tradition of taking it with me and giving it away. x.x I was kinda sad that I couldnt do that this year ;-; stupid school wouldnt let me go to Mexico.

My dad also has a thing about... if a homeless guy asks us for food, once in a great while he'll say "Let me buy you lunch" also about...2 out of 5 times they'll be like D< "No thanks" >
My dad is my reason for wanting me to become successful [not for the money] but so I can open up Homless shelters. I always feel bad that I have things that they dont. Not soo bad for the ones who dont appriciate an offer for Free lunch but it makes me sad still. They'll do whatever for a dollar ;-;

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:29 pm
It did feel like a waste of food.

I agree, if they spent half as much time on getting their lives back together and finding a job as they did on begging for money/food, then they'd be straight.

~

Wow, Kohana Ichibana, that's great! Very admirable. Much props to your father for doing things like that. And to you, since you seem to be following his footsteps.

~

I remember when I went to Nicaragua. It was a bit depressing. I remember going to the market and barely eating all of my food because I felt bad. There are so many children and families that just hang around and after you finish your plate, they'll go up and eat whatever scraps you left.

Not only that, on the streets. When you are stopped at a light. About 10 kids or so come up and wipe your window with a rag, asking can we clean your window? Even while they clean the window.......

See, the homeless like that I dont mind either. I can understand their situation and can see that they are honestly trying to better their lives.

But for the others, I have no sympothy. Call me cruel or cold blooded, but I honestly dont feel bad. Accustomed to their dependence on others, they plague on their generosity.

Though I wonder why they would refuse a free lunch? I mean, technically that's what they were after in the first place. Its the same end result. Do you think maybe it's shame or fear?

Unless those are the deuchebags that only want money for booze/drugs and lie saying its for food.

~

Oh and actually, this avi just sorta happened. Although I was going to eventually do a cowgirl look, I still havent seen the right matches. Either way both looks I was going for are not really complete, both in idea and in stock.

But I thought this one was fun and kooky, so I liked it for now. >.<  

Blaiz

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:47 pm
Blaiz, I always ran into homeless people while walking around with a couple mutual friends of ours. I mean, we were approached like everytime we went to a mall or fast food place~~ ^^;
Aww~ that sounds like it'll be cute. Your avi, I mean. Eh, Gaia always comes out with new items... and they just might make that perfect one for ya~~

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:18 pm
That is so rude of what the homeless guy did  

slundienster

Rob the Crowing

Profitable Sex Symbol

9,275 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:23 pm
I would have said: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU....that is just rude  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:52 pm
I agree what a deuche that guy was. But its over and in the past now. No more anger. But the memory is still there!!!!!!! TRAUMA!!!!!! Nah jp, no trauma. Although I will be sizing up the homeless a bit more now.

~
That is true cabbi, guess it hits me more over there (nicaragua) since its like families and kids, genuienly honest poor people (although i saw some of this in cali too...and here). But I dont know, guess the homeless here seem different. More like addicts that can get their stuff together than people actually trying to get back on their feet and hoping for some help from someone.

~
I pray they make hte perfect one, thatll be great. *looks up to the stars with pleading and hopeful eyes*

hehe ill prob change it soon im getting bored. i think your constant changes might be rubbing off on me there, cabbi.  

Blaiz

ashleynmckay

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:56 pm
People tend to think I want to drownd them.. Idk why.. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:52 am
I just give them a few coins.
x3  

chloe bennet

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash