Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
akiro's weight loss diary - it's time to get serious

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

akironake

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:46 pm
I've put it off and put it off. It's time for me to face it. I'm morbidly obease, and it's time for me to be honest with myself. I deserve to have my outside reflect my inside. I deserve to be healthy.
Now I have to make the effort.

Height: 5'4"
Starting Weight: 281.2lbs
Short term goal weight: 265 by May 1st.
Slightly longer goal:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 229 by August.
Long term: A healthy BMI, around 120lbs or so. I know this will take a long, long time. But I have to change my lifestyle or I'll pay for it now as well as later.

Current Weight: 279.2lbs
[as of 3/2/07]
Total weight loss: 2.0lbs

My Fitday journal: http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=akironake

Comments and encouragement welcome, as well as bitching at me when my fitday shows me taking in more cals that I'm burning! Tips and advice also appriciated!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:47 pm
Day two:
2/20/07
Weight: 280.8
4:20pm

I've been okay today. No major cheating or anything....but I really need to drink more water. I don't even drink half of what I should... >.<

However, I had cut out the caffinated sodas and have noticed one thing for sure... D: I don't have to pee! I never realized how much caffine made you have to pee >.o

Day Three:
2/21/07
Weight: 278.4
7:10pm

I made the mistake of not eating before going to the theater. I was seeing two movies, so I ended up getting super hungry half way through the 1st movie. Sooo, I ended up getting a hotdog. Then another >.> Bad, I know, but it was better than the other options there. The only other "food" they had were nachos, popcorn, and pretzels (not the healthy kind, the big doughy cinnimon pretzels that are like 700 cals each)...so, yeah. >.< But other than that, I did well. I made up for the hotdogs with what I had for dinner.

Also, I've lost two pounds. Yay.

Day Four
2/22/07
Weight: 278.0
6:33pm
I've now lost 3 pounds! YAY! Now that I'm staying well below 2k cals a day (usually around 1200-1500), the weight is just falling off! I feel really good about what I'm doing, and I'm proud of it x3
It's easy to lose weight when you're as big as I am, because it takes alot of energy just for basal functions, plus I work 8hrs a day standing and walking around, so I burn alot more because of that. Plus I have to go up and down stairs alot.

I know my weightloss will probably slow after a bit, but I'm sooo surprised that I've lost 3 pounds in 4 days!

Day...something
2/27/07
I kinda fell off the horse...I had chinese, and the next day, my aunt insisted we go out to eat...so...yeah. I didn't do so well, and gained some weight back. I'll weigh myself tonight around dinner time so as to be consistant.

Edit: Didn't weigh.

3/2/07
7:43pm
Weight: 279.2
I have been eating very, very badly for the past week. Sigh. Time to get back to work. Also, one of my aunts promised that if I lost 50lbs, she'd take me to the Universal Studios theme park and we'd go to the beach and all.  

akironake

akironake

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:55 pm

And open xD  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:51 am
You have a great start.
Realizing that weightloss takes a long time, and that it's a complete lifestyle change (not a diet) takes a lot of people a while to figure out for some reason.

You've taken your first step towards healthy, and PERMANENT weightloss with that insight. razz  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

akironake

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:19 pm
Groovy Spleen
You have a great start.
Realizing that weightloss takes a long time, and that it's a complete lifestyle change (not a diet) takes a lot of people a while to figure out for some reason.

You've taken your first step towards healthy, and PERMANENT weightloss with that insight. razz

Thanks <3

That's the thing... I've gone up and down for the past year. I lost about 15 lbs, then gained it all back + 5 pounds over the holidays. o.o

It's time for me to just watch what I eat. It doesn't mean I can't have candy ever again, it just means I can't have it in large amounts every day like I used to. Just every once in a rare while in small amounts.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:46 pm
Meh, I've been on a binge pretty much for the past week. alot of stress and family problems.

I'm gonna have to do good now...  

akironake

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces