Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
I need suggestions. D:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

akironake

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:24 pm
I had lost, like 20lbs. But then I started working at a convience store...and I've gained alot of weight back. 'Cause I lack willpower, and I'm standing there with the candy and ships sitting right in front of me all day. It's ...so...hard.

>.> Tips? Suggestions? I need to build up some willpower or something.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:07 pm
One thing is to HAVE something to munch on. It is really hard to AVOID a treat, but easier to REPLACE one. If you can bring cut up fruits or veggies with you to snack on, and a water bottle (because a lot of time we think we are hungry when really we are thirsty!), it will be easier!  

Kipluck

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

akironake

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:11 pm
I try to take some beef jerky with me... probably not the best of choices, but better than the candy and chips and packed with protein.

I ended up staring at the candy today thinking "so...tasty....but...NO! CALORIIESSS! but...tasty..." so I grabbed a slim-fast optima bar which, honestly, didn't have a while lot less cals than some candy bars, but it at least had protein and some vitamins.

Did I mention we also get free fountain drinks? I have to steer myself clear of the Mountain Dew and such, which is actually a bit easier, 'cause I don't like the idea of drinking 400cals in soda.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:28 pm
Ooooh... I LOVE Diet Mountain Dew, though, if they have that on occasion as a treat. Though then you have to battle the caffeine, plus, I swear that stuff makes me pee like a racehorse! redface

And there IS beef jerky that is 97% fat free... pretty high sodium, but good for protein. Great to keep your energy level, too... much better than simple carbs! So you are on the right track already!  

Kipluck

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

akironake

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:35 pm
They don't have diet mountain dew...only diet coke/diet pepsi. I drink it sometimes, but I've started trying to drink more water. I don't drink enough liquids...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:39 am
It's all a matter of willpower.
You have to tell yourself NO and follow through.
If you go 'oh, maybe just this once, I'll be good tomorrow' it's never going to happen.
Trust me on that, I struggled with it for years.

Remind yourself too, that you're throwing away calories that could be used to fuel your body and feel you up on junk with no nutritional value.  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

akironake

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:27 am
Yeah, that's one of the things I do... "Just this once" kind of things. >.<  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:14 am
Sit down and _talk_ to your body, it will answer you if you learn to listen to it. That's how I eat now and when I actually turn inward and ask my body what it wants to eat it rarely tells me something junk foodie. It usually wants good clean food with the occasional treat. If your body is out of whack from eating a lot of processed high sugar foods you are going to have to just cut yourself off from all that stuff until your body doesn't crave the sugar and weird processed stuff.

I agree you should bring healthy snacks with you. Cutting up veggies and making a salad in advance are thinks that really help me. I par my salad with 1 tablespoon of dressing and am perfectly happy. : D making a sandwich, low fat jerky, a piece of fruit, and water water water. Start logging your calories and moods and find out exactly what you're eating and when and why.

Rock on.  

dangerousfish

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games