Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
So weight, some one want to make this clear to me?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverShinku

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:29 am
----- ** This could come off as rude. I really don't intend it to be that way, but it could be read as that. I would just like an explanation on something. There was no rudeness intended. ** --------

I realize I'm not exactly caught up in the guild, but, regardless, I've recently been keeping up with Queenie's posts.

I've noticed she's more into pant sizes than weight itself.
And that's cool.

But, I'm actually kind of confused.
Like. . .
I've read some girls' profile thing, and it will say their weight and pant size and what not ~

But, what I don't understand. Is, I'm 180lbs. and I'm a size 12.

Could some one explain to me how someone in my same weight class could be of a higher or lower pant size than myself O ~ o ?

Thank you. ^-^

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:33 am
Queenie! That's me!! 4laugh
And I'm 180, and I'm a size 15.
I believe it all comes off as WHERE you 'love' is.
For instance, I have a HUGE a**. (I'm serious, it's a problem. whee ) and I have big thighs. Plus some extra pudge on my tummy.
Different people may keep it in different spots. We are not all alike.  

Queen.Cellophane

SilverShinku

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:37 am
Queen.Cellophane
Queenie! That's me!! 4laugh
And I'm 180, and I'm a size 15.
I believe it all comes off as WHERE you 'love' is.
For instance, I have a HUGE a**. (I'm serious, it's a problem. whee ) and I have big thighs. Plus some extra pudge on my tummy.
Different people may keep it in different spots. We are not all alike.
* laughs *
That was a simple explanation enough.
I didnt even think about that.
I guess I should think prior to posting > w <
Thank you for that. <3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:38 am
It's not a problem. At first I didn't realize that pant sizes are different on everyone.
I'm going by pants size because it's more inportant to ME what my pants size is.
Plus if I'm doing plays, for costume they always need your pants size. And I don't want to be a 15. Ya know what I mean?  

Queen.Cellophane

SilverShinku

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:40 am
Queen.Cellophane
It's not a problem. At first I didn't realize that pant sizes are different on everyone.
I'm going by pants size because it's more inportant to ME what my pants size is.
Plus if I'm doing plays, for costume they always need your pants size. And I don't want to be a 15. Ya know what I mean?
Yea. That makes sense.
Best of luck to you on meeting your goal size! :3
And. ~
I hope your play goes well <3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:40 am
Thanks 4laugh
And the best of luck to you as well!  

Queen.Cellophane

Oshii-chan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:30 pm
It depends on your height, build and where your body stores the fat.

Even I have to admit, if someone who was shorter and had a different build than me at my weight, they would heavier than I do. I've met people who weigh less than me but look heavier because of how they store the fat. It's all in how your body is.

I, like Queenie, am more focused on pant sizes, as well because it's an actual noticable thing. You could be any number and look a certain way, but the size proves what you look like.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:38 pm
It also dep-ends what country you're in.
Sizes are different for each one.  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

Kipluck

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:54 pm
Being the same weight does NOT mean being the same shape. Granted, for me 180 lbs is a goal to GET to redface BUT because of my shape, well, basically, picture the chickens in Chicken Run. I have pretty thin, shapely legs, thin, girly arms, and basically no boobs. ALL of my weight is in my torso. Pretty big butt, but mostly, I have, like a MAN'S BEER BELLY even though I am not a man... or drink beer. hee hee!

So, like jeans I am usually about 24-26. But I wear mostly 18-20 size shirts. So it all depends on where your, uhh, STORAGE COMPARTMENT is. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:01 pm
Pant sizes depend on the measurements of your waist, hips, thighs, inseam, length preference (above the ankle versus down to the heel), how loose or tight you prefer the pants to be, brand (some brands run big or run small), country (the sizing works a bit different between the US and Canada, Europe, and so on), and cut. I have (or, rather, I had) an hourglass shape, so I have to buy size 14 trousers large enough to fit my backside, then get the waist tailored to be a bit smaller -- then buy a size 16 shirt to fit my largish chest.

My friend M. has a pear shape, so she has to buy size 16 pants for her backside, tailor them down even further for her waist, and then buy a size 10 shirt because of her small chest. My step-sister E. has a slightly larger waist and small hips/backside, so she buys a size 14 that fits her waist, and then they're a bit loose on her backside; her younger sister W. has the same general body type, but is less overweight, so she buys boy-cut jeans in a size 10 women's (or she buys men's jeans, and I don't know what size that is), which are the same measurement at the hip and the waist rather than being a narrower waist and a wider hip. Yet we are all roughly the same height and roughly the same weight, give or take ten pounds!  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games