Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Outlander

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:38 pm
This is a great historical fiction/fantasy by Diana Gabaldon. Anyone else read it?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:15 pm
What is it about? When is it set? Where?

I'm always on the lookout for good books.  

Bookwyrme

unmastered

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:15 pm
My most favorite book in the world............read the rest of them. Wonderfully written...takes you away to.....well you just want to be with Jamie.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:08 am
Ok so I'm just going to run at the fingers here with some out of control typing. This book is about a woman who gets sucked back in time two hundred years (from the 1940's) and runs into a (heavy panting here) Scottish Highlander. The people are very superstitious, so you can just imagine what someone who is out of place, looks different, acts different and knows things that will happen in the future, will go through when they are thrown into this situation.

If you like history (love it) this is a very good read. If you like love stories this is an even better read and you don't have to lower yourself to reading "she looked at him under her long ebony eyelashes as he ... (does what ever it is that he does), his muscles gleaming with sweat" GAG GAG GAG.

The author put in a lot of research on customs, dress, language, etc. Very well written book. NOT FOR YOUNGSTERS. There are some sad, tragic things that happen (along with adult subject matter) but if you have read a lot of fantasy books you know that terrible things happen to people in stories. How it builds upon their character and makes for intense reading.

Excuse me while I go read this book again!!!

unmastered

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:44 pm
I'm actually re-reading the book at the moment, love it. The author is such a good writer that you can see how much the characters change and pick which version you like - older or younger - without her having to say a word as to how they've changed. You just know it. Brilliant writing. whee  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:38 pm
Soooo amazing. I loved this series. I think my favourite book was Dragonfly in Amber. Have you read the entire series yet? Do you know when the next book is coming out? Now you've gone and gotten me all giddy.  

Dovasary Balitang

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:06 pm
haha

no, I haven't finished reading them yet. I still need to read The Fiery Cross. I stopped reading them when school started again, but you can be sure I'll pick it back up again the minute school's out. They're just a bit frustrating to read while school's going though . . .  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:35 pm
I just bought the first today, but I have a feeling that I won't be able to start reading it till school is out. crying  

draven_heart

Meggie Bacon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:22 pm
I loved this series! I thought it was great how much research Gabaldon did to put in the story. Everything fell into place very well. A friend showed it to me and I got hooked once I started reading it. You don't even have to like history or have a very good understanding of it to be sucked in. I really enjoyed the characters and getting to read the entire series. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in something fictional and uncertain of what to look at next. At least try it out!  
Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games