Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Icky red lines?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Icky red lines?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Queen.Cellophane

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:57 pm
I'm sure you have all heard of them, but do you have them?
Stretch marks xp
I went through a growth spurt as well as, well a weight spurt.
Does anyone else have this problem? They are mostly on my hips, but I have some on my upper arms gonk
And IF you have this problem (I'm sure most of you don't) what do you do about it?
Thanks
Queenie  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:45 pm
I have like whitish lines on my lower back. I'm not even fat there. eek

I just cover it up. >.>;

hydroh

dangerousfish

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:41 am
Red usually means the skin is stretched but can be more easily fixed than the white lines that I've been told are scarring.

Moisturize like whoa is my advice. I know people online that have had luck with emu oil (not veg or vegan) and jojoba oil (actually a wax that has been changed into an oil and most closely mimics your skin's natural oils). Mix those with some 100% vitamin E (which is incredibly thick and would need some sort of carrier oil).

Of course store bought lotion would help as well, if you don't want to mess with oils (I have to buy my emu oil from ebay (it's in my facial moisturizer I mix up), jojoba you can get at many stores). Shea butter would be a good choice and is in many creams and buying it by the tub would probably cut down on costs since you'd need to apply it every night to get the most benefit. Any lotion of cream you like will probably offer benefits.

If you decide on oils to keep the mess down add just a dab in your palm, press your hands together to coat and then rub into your skin. If you need more oil than just reapply.

Gradually losing fat (weight is just a number) and moisturizing would help the most, I think. I don't think there is a magic formula or everyone would know about it, but damn do I wish there was. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:38 pm
Cocoa butter works to help thm fade.

Most of mine are white, and they're pretty annoying. However, alot of skinny people have them too. It's not just about fat.  

Oshii-chan

Kipluck

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:41 pm
There are some GREAT lotions for it, check in the baby aisle. But, yeah, they don't always go away... I have the white bad ones. BLEH.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games