Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
food

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

meme446

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:40 pm
i was tring to firger out what kind of food i can buy that will help me lose ponds quick  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:54 pm
High-fiber things if you want to lose weight QUICK.
They make you s**t a lot. :]
Of course, you prolly won't keep that weight off. >.>

I would reccomend eating natural foods (fruit, veggies, fish)

hydroh

dangerousfish

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:23 am
Cutting down or out processed foods really helps, foods with high fructose corn syrup and even foods with artifical sweeteners. Whole foods are best for your body and fiber is an important whole food, like hydroponic infatuation said xd . I mix Fiber One cereal (1/2 cup a mere 60 calories) with nonfat yogurt or cottage cheese for a filling snack. My protein shake even has 5 grams of fiber. Veggies are awesome (I love stir-fry to get in many yummy veggies), lean proteins for your muscles to eat and get stronger and help burn more fat (resting muscle burns more calories than resting fat (because fat is lazy) and are what you want to engage in cardio and weight lifting for the high calorie burn).

low-fat cottage cheese is very high on my number one foods (hmm, apparently I have more than one.XD) for health and fat loss. Nonfat cottage cheese taste is so naff and I'm not even sure it is real food. I love nonfat yogurt and it is incredible for my face (zits be gone!), mmm good bacteria colonies.

Protein Oatmeal:
1/2 cup dry yield quaker quick oats (faster cooking) - 150 calories, 5g protein, 4g fiber
1 scoop chocolate designer whey protein powder - 100 calories, 18g protein,
1/2 scoop unflavored genisoy ultra xt soy protein powder - 70 calories, 12.5 protein, 2.5 fiber
1/2 scoop chocolate genisoy ultra xt soy protein powder - 60 calories, 7 protein, 2.5 fiber
1/4 cup raisins (for sweetness) - 108 calories, 1.1 protein, 1.3 fiber

TOTAL: 488 calories, 43.1g protein, 10.3g fiber (and a host of other stuff)

A great filling breakfast to get through the morning. Of course if you're not weight lifting your protein requirments are much lower and protein powder is expensive as a start-up cost (parents might not want to buy it). Eating a bowl of oatmeal in the morning is still awesome and nutritious. I also don't know your calorie requirments and 488 may be high but eating the bulk of my calories in the morning and afternoon keeps me from mindless snacking when I get home and am starving.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:58 am
I've posted Weight Watchers' "Good Health Guidelines" in my thread on Weight Watchers Discussion. I highly recommend them. I've lost 60 pounds in about 11 months by following those guidelines.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Oshii-chan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:59 pm
hydroponic infatuation
High-fiber things if you want to lose weight QUICK.
They make you s**t a lot. :]
Of course, you prolly won't keep that weight off. >.>

I would reccomend eating natural foods (fruit, veggies, fish)

If you're really into the fiber thing, you can take supplements, but honestly, you'll be glued to the bowl.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:10 pm
Fiber supplements are not the same as natural whole fiber. What's in supplements are bulk forming laxatives. Just by looking at a supplement it will say 2 grams bulk forming laxative but if you look at a real piece of food like broccoli or bran they'll have more naturally occuring fiber than whatever they put in those fiber supplements.

Of course, I'm not very well-versed in fiber supplements, I've picked some of them up to label read and nothing impressed me.  

dangerousfish

Faux-Lanzer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:51 pm
I eat rice cakes with flax seeds on top.

Alot of fiber

no flavor  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:53 pm
dangerousfish
Fiber supplements are not the same as natural whole fiber. What's in supplements are bulk forming laxatives. Just by looking at a supplement it will say 2 grams bulk forming laxative but if you look at a real piece of food like broccoli or bran they'll have more naturally occuring fiber than whatever they put in those fiber supplements.

Of course, I'm not very well-versed in fiber supplements, I've picked some of them up to label read and nothing impressed me.
The main ingredient in alot of fiber supplements is ground psyllium husk/seed powder,which you can buy online or at a health food store.You can put it in anything,it's great.  

Faux-Lanzer

Faux-Lanzer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:10 pm
dangerousfish

Protein Oatmeal:
1/2 cup dry yield quaker quick oats (faster cooking) - 150 calories, 5g protein, 4g fiber
1 scoop chocolate designer whey protein powder - 100 calories, 18g protein,
1/2 scoop unflavored genisoy ultra xt soy protein powder - 70 calories, 12.5 protein, 2.5 fiber
1/2 scoop chocolate genisoy ultra xt soy protein powder - 60 calories, 7 protein, 2.5 fiber
1/4 cup raisins (for sweetness) - 108 calories, 1.1 protein, 1.3 fiber

TOTAL: 488 calories, 43.1g protein, 10.3g fiber (and a host of other stuff)

My brother ate almost the exact same thing when he was losing weight,he called it Proatmeal. lol  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:52 am
Faux-Lanzer

My brother ate almost the exact same thing when he was losing weight,he called it Proatmeal. lol

Awesome, I love my oatmeal and it's cool to know other people eat something like it.  

dangerousfish

dangerousfish

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:57 am
Faux-Lanzer
The main ingredient in alot of fiber supplements is ground psyllium husk/seed powder,which you can buy online or at a health food store.You can put it in anything,it's great.

Actually, I was wondering if it was psyllium but I didn't know. One part of my protein shake already has fiber in it so I don't worry about the whey rushing through me and not getting as much absorption or sugar crashes but there is a dude online whose stuff I read and he adds some psyllium powder to his shakes since he's hypoglycemic.

I still don't think putting some FiberCon capsules your mouth isn't a super thing unless you have some sort of medical problem and your doctor told you to, eat real food.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:59 pm
i like what you are saying i do not like fider supplements because i can not take them . is there any thing that i can buy that are cheap  

meme446

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games