Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Hi. I'm Queenie. And I need motivation.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<33
  Thanks for accepting me!
View Results

Queen.Cellophane

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:19 pm
I'm new *shines*
Anywho, I'm trying to loose weight. I currently weigh around 180, and I'd like to be... 150-155 range. OR going from a size 15 jeans to a size 10 or less.
The reason I have for doing this is, to feel good about myself. Currently I HATE the way I look.
But for some reason, I just can't get motivated. I'll be gun-ho for maybe a week or so, but then I get too tired to work out and such, or I forget, then it all goes to the pits.
I've tried to loose weight too many times to count.
So how can I stay motivated??
Any help would be GREAT.
Queenie  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:28 pm
Aww, I have a friend in real life named Queenie! :]

Anyway, getting motivated is hard sometimes but what helps me to get up and do something and eat better is to imagine myself being thinner and several sizes smaller. Thinking about stepping on the scale and weighing what I've wanted to weigh for so long just makes me feel so much better and makes me feel all enthusiastic about getting in shape.

Anyhoo, welcome and good luck!  

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

The Eternal Optimist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:06 pm
User ImageHappy Single Awareness DayUser Image

Oh thank my great aunt fanny, someone else who goes by jean size. i think it's the only way to go myself. Motivation....maybe you can set up presents for yourself, but never reward yourself with stationary activities or food. I usually use clothes, some nice sexy things that make me feel pretty, lip stick, a walk with just me and my camera while i'm suppose to be in class. You know the simple things in life.

User Image Have you given me chocolate yet?User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:37 pm
Hi! I'm fish, nice to meet you.

I have two posts about how I lost 60 pounds (round one) if they might help you. Walk Away the Pounds Tapes or free version. ^^
Little about lifting weightsBuilding muscle is great for helping to burn fat and get into smaller jeans - don't fear the weights!

Small goals help too, really keeps the mood up. Food goals, mood goals, work goals, weight goals.

Find something you do really like about yourself. I like my smile: lips, teeth, the whole deal. I like the shape of my body under my fat, it's a good strong body and someday it'll be out around town.

Food journaling is a great motivation for me, make sure I'm eating enough calories, enough nutrition, etc.

Hope to see you around and if you ever need anything just ask! There are cool people here who all like different things. : D  

dangerousfish

Queen.Cellophane

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:38 pm
Thanks @ all of you! I'm kinda excited now.... whee
And @ fish- I read some of your links, but I'll read the rest later.
(School nights stressed )
Feel free to keep on posting!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:43 pm
My advice is to start out slowly and gradually build up the length and intensity of your work outs,so you don't tire as easily.  

Faux-Lanzer

hydroh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:47 pm
You could work out with a buddy.

I work out naked and in front of a mirror. Because then I can see all my disgusting flaws and work out even harder to get rid of them. :]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:00 am
hydroponic infatuation
You could work out with a buddy.

I work out naked and in front of a mirror. Because then I can see all my disgusting flaws and work out even harder to get rid of them. :]

Do you have boobs? O.o I could never do that without pain and there are plenty of people with more breast area than me.

Workout buddies are awesome, I've even had workout buddies over the internet in fact I have one now. And I have you guys. ^^  

dangerousfish

Yuura-Sama

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:30 am
Get an image of a person who you want to look like
And then you can keep that with you in ur pocket or something.
So whenever u feel lazy , look at the pic to imagine urself being the person in the pic .

*** and if u have an image of urself

Use Photoshop or MSpaint to put ur face over the person u want to look like . It works 3nodding

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games