Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Has anyone called you hott?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you having a wonderful day?
  yup [yay]
  nope [i hope it gets better]
View Results

RoseAintMean

5,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:46 am
Yes this is weight related.

You may answer that question as the title, (and any other questions in here along with saying something not questioned) but before you answer it... think....

Why were you called hott?
What were you wearing?
And who said it?

Personally I don't want to be called Hott.
To me it is kind of an insult.

At my highest weight, I was called hott, but also called many other things. Now I can still be considered hott, I guess.

Does weight really effect how others veiw us?

I've just been wondering that lately. I think if you have a boyfriend or girlfriend and they called you pretty or beautiful at your higest weight, when you are at your lowest weight you still will be beautiful and pretty.

Even if your friends might just say that you are, you are always going to be. If people don't say you are, don't think you aren't because where I look I see everyone as pretty. The ones called hott, including myself, are just like you.

Do you ever feel this way? or do you feel your weight lowers or highens your prettiness? Do you really want to be called hott so you feel good about yourself?

Thanks for listening... it was kind of a rant...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:22 am
No one has ever called me hott or hawt, but I've been called hot. It always leaves me puzzled. Do they mean I'm attractive, or do they mean I look sweaty, or do they mean they think I'd be willing to sleep with them?

Frankly, I don't think of myself in terms of 'hotness'. Whenever someone tells me I'm hot/hott/hawt, I try to be polite, but I tell them that's not really relevant to the way I see myself or the way I choose to live. I strive to be attractive, but not attracting. The only person who really has any reason or right to notice or point out any hotness I may possess is my Significant Other. Everyone else can please keep their eyes on my face and their thoughts on my more significant qualities: compassion, integrity, intelligence, humor, and loyalty.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kipluck

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:23 pm
Divash
No one has ever called me hott or hawt, but I've been called hot.
What? Did you ask them, "pardon, how did you spell that as you yelled it out the car window?" rofl

Seriously, though, I know what you mean.

I would rather be called beautiful, attractive, or many MANY other more RESPECTFUL things than Hot/hott/hawt... however, being the size I am, it is not often that I am called ANY of the positive things from either heading.

However, I recently started dating a pretty fantastic and NOT shallow boy who does think I am beautiful, regardless of my size, and is proud of (yet NOT PRESSURING!!!) me for taking steps to be HEALTHIER person, even if I don't even GET smaller, just healthier.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:03 pm
Kipluck
What? Did you ask them, "pardon, how did you spell that as you yelled it out the car window?" rofl

I LOVE YOU.

Also, I've never been called hot. Ever.
D:

Some creepy older guys have flirted with me, and even asked me out (you can bet your a** I said no.), but probably only 'cause they thought I'd be an easy lay 'cause I'm...well...less desirable by most.  

akironake

Kipluck

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:19 pm
akironake
Kipluck

I LOVE YOU.

Also, I've never been called hot. Ever.
D:

Some creepy older guys have flirted with me, and even asked me out (you can bet your a** I said no.), but probably only 'cause they thought I'd be an easy lay 'cause I'm...well...less desirable by most.
See, and that is one of the things that INFURIATE me about being a big girl. Some guys assume that since I am fat I must be 1. Lonely 2. Desperate and therefore 3. Easy.

And, truthfully, some of the stores that carry my sizes don't help matters... all the plus size clothes look totally slutty.

DRIVES. ME. NUTS. Because the thing is, I am NOT easy. Yes, there have been times in my life when I felt like crap about myself, and there are times when I HATE the way I look, and the size I am. However, I HAPPEN to have enough freaking self respect NOT to fall into that trap of thinking I need to lower my standards just because I am fat.

AND, as things have turned out, my boyfriend is pretty dang CUTE and if people didn't KNOW me and judged me just on my size they might think he was out of my league.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Turns out there IS no league... and being a girthy girl does NOT mean settling for a man with his brain between his legs!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:24 pm
Well, to be honest, I'm 18 and have never had a bf. Ever.
I've not looked for one, but no one who wasn't 1.) too old 2.) creepy
, has asked me out. xD

I think I'm a pretty neat person, and I have an okay personality...if my outside reflected it, I'd probably get asked out some.

I didn't used to think I had a good personality, but the internet actually helped that some. I play World of Warcraft, and started talking to 2 guys and we played together alot. Before you know it, a guild formed and we started talking on vent (if you don't know, it's an app that lets you talk via mic to bunches of people at ones) and all the guys loved talking to me and joking around with me. A few of them developed a crush on me, which kinda sucked, 'cause I wanted to be friends.

I play Counterstrike: Source more now, and it has a built-in mic function. I played on a server for a week, and suddenly everyone knew me there. They all wub me now and are always like "YAY! SHE'S HEREEEE!" when I log on.

So I guess I'm ok. Plus, customers at work all tell me I'm the nicest person who they've ever seen working at the store. x3  

akironake

Kipluck

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:37 pm
akironake
Well, to be honest, I'm 18 and have never had a bf. Ever.
I've not looked for one, but no one who wasn't 1.) too old 2.) creepy
, has asked me out. xD

I think I'm a pretty neat person, and I have an okay personality...if my outside reflected it, I'd probably get asked out some.

I didn't used to think I had a good personality, but the internet actually helped that some. I play World of Warcraft, and started talking to 2 guys and we played together alot. Before you know it, a guild formed and we started talking on vent (if you don't know, it's an app that lets you talk via mic to bunches of people at ones) and all the guys loved talking to me and joking around with me. A few of them developed a crush on me, which kinda sucked, 'cause I wanted to be friends.

I play Counterstrike: Source more now, and it has a built-in mic function. I played on a server for a week, and suddenly everyone knew me there. They all wub me now and are always like "YAY! SHE'S HEREEEE!" when I log on.

So I guess I'm ok. Plus, customers at work all tell me I'm the nicest person who they've ever seen working at the store. x3
Oh I know what you mean. My first DATE wasn't till I was 18... Yeah, my first kiss? AGE 25. (I am 27 now. hee hee hee) Plus, I have only read, like 5 posts by you and you already sound pretty awesome to me so far (granted, I know, I am not a boy and so I don't count, but STILL) so, yeah, give it time.

I am still pretty NEW at this whole, uhhh, relationship thing. Yeah. BUT there really are guys out there that DO eventually see the awesome, yet bigger, girls for what we are (umm. Awesome. hee hee).  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:45 am
Kipluck
Divash
No one has ever called me hott or hawt, but I've been called hot.

Yes! smile Well, no. Actually, this is when they email me. When someone says it out loud, I've no idea how they're spelling it in their heads.  

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:49 am
Kipluck
See, and that is one of the things that INFURIATE me about being a big girl. Some guys assume that since I am fat I must be 1. Lonely 2. Desperate and therefore 3. Easy.

And, truthfully, some of the stores that carry my sizes don't help matters... all the plus size clothes look totally slutty.

DRIVES. ME. NUTS. Because the thing is, I am NOT easy. Yes, there have been times in my life when I felt like crap about myself, and there are times when I HATE the way I look, and the size I am. However, I HAPPEN to have enough freaking self respect NOT to fall into that trap of thinking I need to lower my standards just because I am fat.

AND, as things have turned out, my boyfriend is pretty dang CUTE and if people didn't KNOW me and judged me just on my size they might think he was out of my league.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Turns out there IS no league... and being a girthy girl does NOT mean settling for a man with his brain between his legs!

One: You are very lovely. I don't know anything about you other than what I see online, and just looking at your picture, I think that you have great hair, healthy skin, a fun and classy sense of style, and a fabulous smile. There, compliment for free -- which I didn't HAVE to give you, I could've just been silent if I didn't think these things.

Two: You're so right! It's hard for a larger person to find something to wear that is neither slutty nor frumpy. Lane Bryant, where I'll soon no longer be able to shop, is fantastic for offering a happy medium in terms of style (and a happy extra-large in terms of size, yay!), but most shops just don't carry much for a modest, modern, classy lady of substance.

Three: Your boyfriend IS gorgeous. You look perfect together, well matched and equally happy. Congratulations on finding a good man who recognizes you for the good woman that you are.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:52 am
Kipluck and akironake, I think that you're both very cool, too. Any man who can't see that is not worthy of you! Akironake, may Kipluck's good fortune spread to you as well: you, too, deserve a fine man who shares your hopes, beliefs, values, dreams, and vision for the future, and who looks at you and sees how truly desirable you are.  

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Groovy Spleen
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:57 am
akironake, I didn't have a boyfriend until I was 19.
And actually, I think my whole take on relationships is better because of it.
I could have lowered my standards and dated guys who were...A) Creepy or B)Thought I would put out just because I was fat. But I didnt!
HAHAHA I AM AWESOME.
Or something.
Don't worry about not having a boyfriend at 18.
Sooo much better to date after the whole highschool thing blows over.

ALSO!
What server do you play World of Warcraft on biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games