The Dominion
  Romulans
  Klingons
  Breen
  Kazon
View Results

Enju Aaman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:37 am
I was watching the seventh season the other day, and i thought about how they made Sisko's mother possessed by a prophet and i realized that it totaLLY ruined the beginning where he is the emissary because he made first contact with the prophets.... if they engineered his birth then that wasnt first contact @_@ did that bother anyone else?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:36 pm
No. It really didn't.  

Contralto in a Corset

Enju Aaman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:03 pm
well then i guess no one else who writes watched DS9  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:17 pm
Are you absolutely sure it was because he made first contact?

I mean, people kind of met them through the Orbs, and the Prophets have no sense of time, so it makes no difference to them.  

Gharbad

Enju Aaman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:27 pm
Gharbad
Are you absolutely sure it was because he made first contact?

I mean, people kind of met them through the Orbs, and the Prophets have no sense of time, so it makes no difference to them.

maybe... but their engineering his birth means that they were concious of it... maybe the not having linear time thing has somethign to do with it but if the didnt yet get the concept then how could they plan for how they would need him in the future @_@ i dunno... i was just a little cheased at Sisko's attitude in the end... he was my favorite in season 1-6 and then in 7 he's all prodigal son-ish with the porfits and i dunno... i had a friend who also missed the logic in him being their son, but i can't get him on gaia so it doesnt really help my argument.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:23 pm
That's what doesn't make much sense at all.

If they truly don't have a sense of time, then when they learn things, they should know it in the past, and then they never would have to learn it in the first place.
They should know everything.

But... they're just writers. You can't really expect them to think everything through to such excruciating detail.
If they did, half the episodes just wouldn't have worked at all.

I didn't really like the messiah stuff either.  

Gharbad

blbb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:31 pm
I think the linear time thing has a lot to do with it. But it would explain why his mother just walked out on his father...he's so cool, who would leave him?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:36 am
Yeah, Sisko was a really cool character. But yeah, I never liked the messiah concept much myself. They just needed to tie up loose ends and that's how the writers decided to do it.  

xeonphoenix

Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff