Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Weight Loss Blogs

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LadyImpish

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:48 pm
I recently found this statistic:

"The average person will omit 400 calories from their diet when they use a weblog."

Do you keep a blog or journal related to weightloss?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:12 pm
I do! Well, I use fitday PC - not the website. Hah, I'm more likely to nitpick every calorie to make sure it is on there. Why would I lie to myself? Everyone I know who log calories from online or off (my roommates use notebooks) does the same thing of not eating something they don't really want so they don't have to write it down in their book. I'm the same way.  

dangerousfish

dangerousfish

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:13 pm
Oh wait. Did you mean they will omit 400 of food they actually eat and cheat on their blog or will they actually eat 400 less calories?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:14 pm
dangerousfish
Oh wait. Did you mean they will omit 400 of food they actually eat and cheat on their blog or will they actually eat 400 less calories?

I intended the first option, but the latter is more likely. xd  

LadyImpish

Kipluck

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:05 pm
Hee hee hee! I see both being true! On the one hand, we tend to gloss over bad parts. HOWEVER, journaling in any way, REALLY helps. If you know you have to report to someone, be responsible and fess up... you just WILL eat better. I use the FitDay software as well, however I blog about my weightloss "journey" both in my own blog and in a group blog (that way we sort of "sponsor" each other, like AA)  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:06 pm
I just started one today, but personally, I'd prefer to OVERESTIMATE my cals than to go under.

There's no reason for me to omit anything, because I'd simply be lieing to myself. I'm keeping a log FOR myself.  

akironake

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games