Robin Hood Legends

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:41 pm
Allright, I have to admit I'm a sucker for a good retelling of the Robin Hood legend, and after I got to thinking about Outlaws of Sherwood (Robin McKinley), I started wondering what other books were out there.

I have read Sherwood and Robin and the King by Parke Godwin, but I have heard rumor that there are a few more fictions on the same legends.

Has anyone read any others? Can you suggest any?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:20 pm
Oo thanks for the mention,i havent found any re-tells of Robin Hood,i'll definatly search those out ^-^

Kittenfleas

Ruthless Fatcat

9,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Overstocked 200

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:01 am
I remember that when I was in grad school a few of the other students were passing around a book told from the point of view of Maid Marian and said it was realy good... but I never had time top read it and can't rmember the title...

sad  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:15 pm
Someone has a list of Robin Hood retellings here:
http://www.cs.uu.nl/wais/html/na-dir/books/robin-hood.html
I find that I haven't read any of the ones they list, but it's a starting place.

In other news: BBC America is starting a TV series based on Robin Hood in March.  

Kaypendragon

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:38 am
ooh, thanks muchly for the link  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:19 pm
I am currently reading Sherwood by Parke Godwin. I recommend it if you enjoy Robin Hood stories. It is lengthy (that can be a plus or a minus depending on how much description you like and how patient you are). The best one (other than Robin McKinley's retelling) i have read was The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood by Howard Pyle. It is one of the oldest I believe and only read it if you don't mind thou, thy, didst, and other Old English words. The TV series is also good. (Yes, I really like Robin Hood)  

GimpyAssassin

SageDragonM

2,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:42 pm
I hear absolutely wonderful things about "Hood" by Stephen Lawhead. Additionally, he has another book called, "Tuck." I believe that they are a part of the same series, not a spin-off. I've bought "Hood," but I haven't gotten enough time this semester to finish it. So far, it is very good. Hope this helps! heart  
Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games