Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
'Sorry it's not really hawt'. Rape in fanfiction. Not rant. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Azzuro-Ricci-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:35 pm
If you like/don't like rape in fanfiction, tell why? :
Well, i can't say that i particularly enjoy it. I feel that if it's relevant to a plot, then it's ok, but when, after, someone's all like "Oh my gosh, i really actually love you, and the entire time you were raping me, i was actually enjoying it." I find that just plain stupid and unrealistic.

Why do so many people think it's actually 'hot'? What's so erotic in one person being hurt by another?
Well, I think it's just the domineering factor. Everyone has a little bit of sadist in them, and whether they (or even i) admit it or not, they find the controlling factor hot. And i mean, when you see the little Uke crying and saying "no" unfortunately, it...well it is a bit "hawt". But i dislike it when it's excessive, and when they actually harm them. I don't go for the hardcore s**t.

Trends in fanfiction that seem plainly wrong to you.
As i mentioned before, i really hate unrealistic love. When someone rapes you, you don't love them. As mentioned, you hate them, you're disgusted by them and what they did to you. You're disgusted at yourself. You become scared. Not relieved. I just...find it so horrible when people put unrealistic things in their stories. (Well, i mean...not fiction but...you get it...hopefully).

So yeah...i also don't like crossover fanfiction. Not that that has anything to do with Yaoi...but i still hate it  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:14 pm
If you like/don't like rape in fanfiction, tell why? :
No. NO NO NO! I think it's stupid and wrong. Why the heck would anyone fall in love with the one who stole your innocence forcefully? It's not cute at all DX;

Why do so many people think it's actually 'hot'? What's so erotic in one person being hurt by another?
I don't honestly know....o_o; Like my friend said "Hormones...I guess..." they just like the smut.

Trends in fanfiction that seem plainly wrong?
Incest...ew...>.>;;;  

black moon girl

Evil FlamingSky

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:22 am
If you like/don't like rape in fanfiction, tell why?

For one thing, I don't really 'like' rape in fanfiction. I like domineering, plain-to-see uke/seme relationships. I like the uke to be willing. But I don't like the uke to be crying his eyes out. Period.

-Well, I guess there's a sadistic trend in all of us. Like, who DOESN'T like seeing someone tied to the bed, or something? But I prefer the whole, "I want to be tied to the bed for your satisfaction" thing - NOT the whole, "OH MY F***ING GOD I'M BEING RAPED BY THIS INSANE PSYCHO WHO JUST TIED ME TO A BED!" thing. It just seems... wrong.

Trends in fanfiction that seem plainly wrong to you.

-Angst. No one wants to read about how Draco loves Harry, and about how he eventually kills himself because Harry doesn't get the fact that he loves him. And then Harry kills himself because he's secretly been in love with him all that time, and didn't know of Draco's feelings. (And yes, I read Harry Potter yaoi.) I mean, COME ON! If we're reading a fanfiction, we don't want to read about our favorite characters killing themselves.

-Break-up angst. Once again, no one wants to cry over smut. When we want smut, we want smut - not heartbreak and betrayal. When we want that, we'll look it up. Don't put smut in an angsty break up story - when you break up, you don't have sex with your ex-boyfriend, because YOU'RE NOT WITH HIM. YOU JUST BROKE UP WITH HIM.

-Anti-Yaoi activists. Yeah. Just don't. When we look up Yaoi, we don't want to be told how sick and twisted we are. We already get that.

-Marriage. Has anyone ever heard of the Marriage Act? Yeah, I'm Pro-Gay Marriage, as well, but seriously - it's not legal, so don't put it in a fan fiction. Commitment ceremonies? That I can agree with.

-Twincest. First of all, it's like having sex with yourself. I mean, if you're THAT much of a narcissist, jack off in front of a mirror. Don't freaking HAVE SEX WITH YOUR TWIN.

-Incest. Why in the hell would you have sex with anyone in your family? Cousins, I get - at least then your children (if there's mpreg) wouldn't be mongoloids.

-Male pregnancy. Who else thinks that's just WRONG? I mean, think about it - who wants to see a guy pregnant? Don't we get enough of that on those cheesy talk shows?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:31 pm
- If you like/don't like rape in fanfiction, tell why?
Now, it's usually a poorly-used, crappy, abused plot device that really neets to get out of everyone's FanFic stuff. I have no problem with it when someone weaves it into a story as a pivotal point in the story or to get the main character to a certain emotional point and so on. I/E: I don't like when people use it for the same reasons that you named.

- Why do so many people think it's actually 'hot'? What's so erotic in one person being hurt by another?
Because I'll bet a lot of people are incredibly ignorant of what rape really means. They get a watered-down version of what it means, and then they twist it around. It's horrible.

- Trends in fanfiction that seem plainly wrong to you.
Where to start??
Rape, for one, being used in an ignorant way. Almost any over-used cliche. i/e: Vampire/Human romance. Where's the diversity?? Where are the zombies and werewolves and other supernatural creatures!?!?!? The only reason a plot device like that has been gaining in popularity is because of Twilight. I like Vamp/Human stuff, but not in it's current over-done, rubbery state.
Any overly-angsty trends. Angst, in small amounts, is a good thing. But if you use a whole dumptruck of it in one chapter or something, that's just to much!!
And this deals more with grammar than anything else, but:
When people use txt tlk and 1337 sp34|< combined with horrible grammar and punctuation to tell a story. Okay, unless it's an exerpt from a text conversation or something that is integral to the plot, fine. But to extend it to the entire story?? Sorry, but I don't want my brain to melt. xP

Basically:
Anything that was used in good context before it became a trend. Y'know, like marriage in yaoi/shounen-ai fics. Seriously, the two characters don't have to get married. Just leave it alone.  

The_Radioactive_Woman

baduhmtiss

Wench

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:46 am
- If you like/don't like rape in fanfiction, tell why?
Its okay, only to a point though, to discribe the feeling one is at emotionally in life. But to make them fall in love with their raper, is STUPID!

- Why do so many people think it's actually 'hot'?
I guess we're all a bit sadistic and get tired of the same thing, and want something more demanding and hard. Im a bit sadistic myself, i wont lie.

- Trends in fanfiction that seem plainly wrong to you.
I guess m-pregs, those can be a lil weird. But i guess if the story if good i can get over it.
And angst! I mean come on, who the ******** cares? People try too hard to make something sad and complex, its ridiculous. We dont want to see characters we love sad and emotional distressed to a high level. And then making them fall in love with the rapist.. WAT DA HELL! *sigh* OH, i already said that...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:24 am
NO RAPE please!
For me, the characters should at least have the "thing" before doing it.. no RAPE! gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.. this is a catastrophe! >_<

no rape please >.< huhu..

ITS not HOT. I just think it isn't sane to let your character be raped... if that's a real person, what would it feel? >.<  

deathglare77

Chomps the Insane

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:30 pm
Oooh... I used to think it was gross, and it is.. if a sicko old pervert is raping a young sexy, hot male.. D: But.... It depends who the people are... and if they are liking it.. Ooooh... that makes things hotter. redface  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff