The Labels Are Getting Out of Control (This Must End) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crazy_Vamp666

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:28 pm
lurichan
It has come to my attention that there are quite a few threads that have sprung up recently about labels, labeling, different labels, their definitions, etc. Now, as human beings we are constantly trying to define ourselves as well as one another, but the label thread fad is starting to get a bit out of control.

The “labels are for soup cans” argument does get a bit old and tiresome after a while. I’ve seen some very intelligent and insightful posts in these threads, but I’m afraid of lot of people are beginning to tire of repeating themselves in each individual thread, so ANY thread pertaining to labels created after today will be locked as there are already many different topics to post in.

This isn’t to be mean or tyrannical, it’s just a matter of the guild having a lot of threads already pertaining to the matter, and there not really being a need for any more threads of such a nature.

Also, just as a reminder whenever you are stating your opinions on something, keep it civil. I know sometimes it can be difficult and emotions can run high in certain topics, but please keep an open mind and your comment/criticisms constructive. Remember that everyone has a different perspective on a topic, and just because they don’t agree with you doesn’t mean they are automatically wrong.

I hope that this arrangement will be a temporary thing, but until the dusts settles a bit, I encourage all moderators to delete new labeling threads without the usual 24 hour waiting period.

~Lurichan~
.: Guild Owner:.

I agree 100%

It is very anouying and not at all nessary to reapte this rediculas threads.

And as far as opinon and respect for other peoples opinons i find alot people might start do try a liitle bit of what Anne Landers said:

"Keep skid chains on your tongue; always say less than you think. Cultivate a low, persuasive voice. How you say it counts more than what you say."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:43 am
Too many labels! waaayyy to many  

Lemonadeandfizzystuff

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:36 pm
I agree with Lurichan here. I know the label debate is a hot topic (no pun intended!) with a lot of people, but there are more than enough threads to discuss it without starting new ones. People have looked at the label issue from practically every angle, and I don't think new topics are going to bring any new material to the table.

And y'know, I'm personally sick to death of talking about What Goth Really Means. I've said it before, but I'll say it here too in case it gets through to people who've missed or ignored it in the past: there are so many definitions of 'goth' that NO ONE is the ultimate authority on who's 'real' and who's a poseur.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:20 pm
i agree the labels must stop were all human just with different tastes when will people see that?  

Poetic Witch

Feral Kitten

Nicoli Hunt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:35 pm
Tuskiyo
i agree the labels must stop were all human just with different tastes when will people see that?

I totally agree with that. I really do get sick of all the labeling that goes on. We are all just human with different tastes...like Tuskiyo says. People are just bored and they have to pick on the gothic people to kill time. (No offense, but that is the way it is here in lil' ol' Fairborn Ohio.)  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:32 pm
why would someone gripe about being labled when they are in a goth guild? goth is a lable.

correct me if you think i'm wrong.  

CircleOfTheDarkOnes

CircleOfTheDarkOnes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:42 pm
Rellik San
One question?

Isn't labelling the labels as labels stereotyping the labels in a bad light, who decides the labels of the labels anyway and how do you define the different sub-labels of label culture?

rofl

I apologise for that strange bout of satire.
*is confeused*
I move that that question be taken out and shot wink  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:16 pm
CircleOfTheDarkOnes
Rellik San
One question?

Isn't labelling the labels as labels stereotyping the labels in a bad light, who decides the labels of the labels anyway and how do you define the different sub-labels of label culture?

rofl

I apologise for that strange bout of satire.
*is confeused*
I move that that question be taken out and shot wink

1) The question is indeed a pertinent question within this thread as it promotes thought and thinking for onesself rather than adhering to definitions laid out by "THEM".

2) Goth is a lifestyle, not a label. While the mass of comformist, "normal" society feels the need to classify, define and otherwise pidgeonhole every aspect of existence and even nonconformists and their ilk have been conditioned since birth to follow suit it doesn't mean we cannot find enlightenment, thereby transcending the limitations of said conundrum, now does it?  

ceilisidhe

X-Crimson_Chaos-X

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:06 pm
first off i've never one to like labels and i belive no one should be labled it just gets people either hurt or other things in my case when it came to labeling (which the lead to a rumor and don't get me started on them)i got expelled from school in the beginng of my freashman year of high school ...there wrong and i do belive that starting/spreading them only makes them worse  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:03 am
CircleOfTheDarkOnes
why would someone gripe about being labled when they are in a goth guild? goth is a lable.

correct me if you think i'm wrong.

Totally agrees. Moves to agree to kill "labels" threads.

Is on the fence about the whole free speech issue. How can you preech freedom of expression and opinion when it will end up ultimately offending (directly or indirectly) an individual, or a group eventually.

Chooses to stick to anarchy and being a maverick. Though, at the same time respecting the respectful. Confused yet?  

sublime_necromancer

Elite Clubhouse, RP Threads, and Storage

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces