Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Purity

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:53 pm
Does your religion have laws or guidelines for what is "pure" or "impure"?

If so, are there only rules for activities and materials connected with active worship, prayer, ritual, or magic-working? Or do the rules extend to the rest of life, and/or are there separate purity rules for the rest of life?

How concerned are you about following the purity rules? Are there consequences for not following them, or rewards for following them?

And anything else you would like to add that I haven't thought of to ask.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:43 pm
The religion I'm learning about, Kemetic Orthodoxy, has rules about purity. I believe I've seen you on the KO post, so I think you know about it. I'm not concerned about it but I'm aware of it, you see I'm not really practicing the religion yet.  

Vertigo_Kiwi

Tipsy Wench

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:16 pm
DD
Or do the rules extend to the rest of life

In my case, because of the culture- the theology has them- rather than the other way around. These extend to food prep, "women's issues", fashion... the list is rather long and it differs from family to family. I tend to give the analogy of different sects of Jewish people. Some follow the food mitzvots and what not and others do not.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:16 pm
More or less;

There are certain things that cause miasma. This will sound weird, but its a lot of human-based activities -- birth, death, sex, sickness, etc and depending on where you were, and which god, it may or may not have been "good" or approriate to approach them, and you would wash yourself, or perform a ritual.

Miasma is an area that I am hazy about, and haven't really taken much on to learn about. It does seem (and please, someone, correct me if I am wrong) that miasma is tied to the things that make us human/mortal.

Some gods seem to care less for that distinction than others.  

maenad nuri
Captain

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:39 pm
I dug this out of my Pathways thread:
Mokado Laws:
I do not use the same blankets during that particular time of the Month as I do the rest of the month. I also wear special PJ’s for that time of the month as well due to the Mokado laws.

I cut kills in a very specific way, and I never step over them.

I draw water from natural sources in a specific way as well.

I also wash my face every time I leave the restroom.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:59 pm
I don't have any purity rules in my religion (Discordia) but if there were, I don't think chastity would ever be a problem, since I identify as asexual.  

Deandriea

Nerd

12,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Striga

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:22 pm
Deandriea
I don't have any purity rules in my religion (Discordia) but if there were, I don't think chastity would ever be a problem, since I identify as asexual.

There is that hot dog bun thing...well, sorta...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:37 am
Striga
Deandriea

There is that hot dog bun thing...well, sorta...
I was going to point that out myself.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces