Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Too much exercise?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AmberLepu

Eloquent Businesswoman

4,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:06 pm
Hey all, I'm new here and thought I would make a topic based upon my exercise plan to see whether or not I'm doing the right thing.

Here's the exercise plan I did yesterday and the day before. I woke up at 7 and did boxing practise for about half an hour, then moving on to Pilates, and then another 20 minutes of boxing - I then would wait until after lunch before doing another round of boxing, and then getting on the eliptical machine. Depending on my mood, I may do ANOTHER round of boxing before bed.

I wanted to know if I'm overdoing it a little. I've really been sore since I started this, and I almost dread doing any more exercise - simply because of all the ache.

Think I should tone it down a notch?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:17 pm
    Moon Says:

» » » It depends, honestly.
Did you one day (recently) just decide to -BAM- exercise out of nowhere?
Because yeah, getting into a rough regime like that out of nowhere is badbadbad.
If you're sore, tone it down a bit.
Box once a day.
If you're not conditioned for it, don't exceed an hour or so of strenuous exercise a day. It'll end up doing more harm than good.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Moonecho

dangerousfish

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:15 pm
The problem with somthing that intense is that you may be discouraged easier than if you started off with a more moderate program.

You get motivated and happy and jump into a challenging program and then you get tired or hurt yourself or get frustrated at how much time you're working out.

If you're enjoying yourself, have a baseline of good fitness, won't burnout, or get hurt then there's nothing wrong with your program.

I somehow missed that last line. sweatdrop If you think you're going to burn out, just slow down! ALL moving is still good for you, might as well do it the safe less stressful way of starting slow and then going hard.

45 minutes of moderately intense cardio most days of the week is what you want to aim for to lose fat. Adding a weight lifting routine builds fat eating muscle and also helps act like a corset for the fat you do have.(XD)

I started doing 20 minutes of walking everday for two weeks before moving on to 45 minutes before moving onto 45 minutes at a jog and soon with the walking and the weights and the new eating style I was down 40 pounds without doing hours and hours of cardio.

The walk workout tapes I used are called "Walk Away the Pounds".  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:15 am
If you're extremely sore the next day, you need to give your muscles a chance to repair.
Bonus, it takes calories to repair muscle tissue.  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

Yi Min

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:33 pm
The only person who can truely tell you how much is too much for you, is your doctor and you. I'd take a visit to my doctor and ask him/her how much exercise is okay for me.

Good luck.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games